Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody knows of any IT jobs around I'd love to hear about them.

If anybody knows about any jobs that aren't IT related I'd love to hear about them.

I'm still in shock I think, you never think it is going to happen to you and then bam, you're getting walked out!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Ew, sorry to hear that, man.

My wife will be going through the same thing any day now. At least she has some forewarning. We just don't know exactly when it will happen.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
DAMN!!

That SUCKS!!
How much more of this can go around??

Glad to hear that you're still joining us this weekend. We'll help sooth the pain!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
WOW...no wonder why you couldn't answer my emails I sent to your work yesterday!

I've been downsized 4 times at the same company before, but they always gave each department 60 days notice (that was banking though).

Automotive is usually no notice.

As always I'll keep an eye out for my company and wife's. You never sent me your resume for the last position I forwarded to you.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 27 2004, 10:57 AM)Ew, sorry to hear that, man.

My wife will be going through the same thing any day now. At least she has some forewarning. We just don't know exactly when it will happen.

That has got to suck too, knowing that it is going to happen just not when. I hope she finds something soon!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

Tom, the work did not get sent to India. The plant is not doing well right now and they are hitting all departments. Somehow by over working those that are left they are some how going to make money. I don't quite get it but that's the way it goes.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Sorry to hear it James. I hope you find something soon!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news James!

I am in the IT industry and I see very little hiring going on but things do seem to be picking up!

I will PM you my work email address so you can send me your resume if you want.

Look forward to seeing you Friday at the Sand Bar!

·
12,052 Posts
That does suck bro. It happened to me last Sept. 10. After 6-1/2 years and at one time running my department, they just say "see ya". Fortunately our competitors knew of me and I had another job in 30 mins.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thank you all so much, we really appreciate your help and support! You guys are great!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
James.

What side of the river are you looking for work? CGI seems to be adding people all the time -- not sure what the availalbility would be in Windsor and area, as I am in London ...

PM me and I will ship you a couple of links to internal job boards.

Scott.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Rerun, I sent it to your Yahoo account. I don't know your work address.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi James,

As you know....I too was in shock when it happened. I guess we are seeing what are immediate future is going to be like. When I was in college, teachers said that we would probably only stay at our job for only a few years.....I guess they were right! One thing I have learned...is that the next job I get, I am going to continuously update my resume so I will be prepared for the next bomb.

But in the meantime......maybe all of us unemployed people should get together and start are own company!! First bids on being a VP!! hee hee

Also....like everyone has told me....I believe you (we) will get a good job....hopefully, one that was better than before.

Looking forward to seeing you and Mellie Jo this Friday!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Sorry to here that bother, send me a resume as well.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Robynator @ Apr 27 2004, 12:55 PM)......maybe all of us unemployed people should get together and start are own company . . .
HMMmmmmmmm . . .

1 - 20 of 56 Posts