Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our fearless leader Capt'n Rob has given me the honor of writing our next Macomb Daily -Michigan Waterways article!!!

Whew-hew....the deadline is TOMORROW. I need to write it tonight.

IDEAS! IDEAS! IDEAS! IDEAS!

Please give me some input - THANKS!!!!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
e-coli at metro
bass opener this weekend, except on 'clair
boating safety
boater's checklist
laws on drinking and boating

G

·
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 21 2003, 02:18 PM)e-coli at metro
bass opener this weekend, except on 'clair
boating safety
boater's checklist
laws on drinking and boating
wow heres your outline...
weekend boatshow
weekend 3rd anniv bash
laws on drinking& boating
boating safty
boating checklist
& a $h!tty metro weekend metro bass opener execpt on lsc
well thats the poop!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Things boaters need to be aware of when "Boating on the Border" (Canada/US). Laws pertaining to crossing the border by boat (Customs, I-68 form, etc.), as well as differences in Canadian and US boating and fishing regulations.
The St. Clair system (Lake St. Clair and the Detroit and St. Clair Rivers) is unique in that it is the most traveled water system in the world and is the most active border crossing between the US and Canada.
(Might need too much research for an article due tomorrow. Maybe a good idea for a future article)

Ken's idea for a boater's checklist sounds great.

Boating and fishing access sites (boat launches, shore fishing areas, fishing piers, picnic areas, etc., plus a brief description of what each site has to offer).

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Kids and Life Jackets!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
how cool capt'n mike, rob, chris, and mongo are !
and our glorious sponsors
and of course water safety
training class schedules
lake awareness in general
p.f.d.- kids ect......
good luck, now get crackin' you have a dead line !

ace report lainey !

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Definitely the lake awareness Laney - the last couple of casualties this week should be "used" (for lack of better terms) to turn something bad into something positive. That could be lifesaving advice.

Do we have any sponsors we can plug in the article too that sell the life preservers for kids? That would be a DOUBLE WHAMMY PLUS!!!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 21 2003, 04:10 PM)Definitely the lake awareness Laney - the last couple of casualties this week should be "used" (for lack of better terms) to turn something bad into something positive. That could be lifesaving advice.

Do we have any sponsors we can plug in the article too that sell the life preservers for kids? That would be a DOUBLE WHAMMY PLUS!!!
Sounds great

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your input!

...keep 'em coming because my writing brain won't be kicking in until after midnight...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Talk about the clean up on Cintom River last week and how everyone on the waterways can help to clean up a small area themselves, as well as ideas for not polluting the lake.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Safety is a great way to start the season off. BassPro of couse carries everything needed in that department, PFD's, radios, flares, etc. You could turn it into a series, getting into the lake levels and launches (like mentioned) as to what each facility can handle with the current levels. The importance of having current charts, and knowing how to read them with the low water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts