Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old girlfriend is in town; haven't seen her since I drove to florida with her 2.5 years ago...

She is working in Southfield on Northwestern, I work @ 15 & mound... was thinking birmingham/southfield for a meeting spot tonight...

Want awesome food and I'm wearing jeans....

Please help this poor eastsider!!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
mountian jacks is good i think . on rochester and 15 mile , ... in troy..

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Try Bacco on Northwestern Highway... my boss goes there all the time.. i heard it is phenomenal!!!
Go there and report back ;-)

·
Registered
487 Posts
In Southfield Town Center is the best Sushi restaurant around, Musashi's, there's also on Northwestern a very good Chinese restaurant on the Left exiting from 696. Split the difference and meet in Royal Oak, lot's of good choices there, Little Tree, Memphis Smoke, Sangrias (food rocks!!) and on and on.....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Copper Canyon was our afterwork place when I worked in Southfield. It was ok for a chain type brew pub. Little pricy though. We never did find a decent hang out actually in Southfield though. I'd say go to Royal (t)Oak.

Copper Canyon Brewery
27522 Northwestern Highway
(east side of telegraph kinda on service drive)
Southfield, MI 48034
(248) 223-1700

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey don't forget the Westin restaurant itself, as well as Tom's Oyster Bar is on NWestern. Or give her a little local flava with "Beans and Cornbread"

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Boocoo on 14 and Crooks, excellent food and a chic casual environment. I had some type of ravioli for lunch one time and it was incredible. Gourmet pizza, pastas, Veal, Tuna, Filet...

Also, the hot spot in Birmingham is Mitchells Fish Market. The dress is casual..just checked in Hour Detroit's Dining guide. Entrees run from $14.95 (Chicken)-$35.95(king crab legs).

220 Merrill is kinda dressy....

·
Registered
713 Posts
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Nov 19 2003, 08:57 AM)220 Merrill, of course located at 220 Merrill in downtown B'ham.
That's what I was going to suggest - 220 Merriell
or Midtown Cafe-

both good :)
both in Birmingham

Bucca is good too in B'Ham

·
Registered
622 Posts
QUOTEIn Southfield Town Center is the best Sushi restaurant around, Musashi's, there's also on Northwestern a very good Chinese restaurant on the Left exiting from 696.

Musashi's and House of Hunan are my 2 favorite places, good for you food and it's the best!

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Nov 19 2003, 11:56 AM)QUOTEIn Southfield Town Center is the best Sushi restaurant around, Musashi's, there's also on Northwestern a very good Chinese restaurant on the Left exiting from 696.

Musashi's and House of Hunan are my 2 favorite places, good for you food and it's the best!
That's the name of it. House of Hunan, good food and Musashi's is my favorite. Gonna miss it when are offices move
EASTSIDE

Woo hoooooooo!!!!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Alban's?

For vegetarian/middle eastern, there's Elie's on Pierce in B'ham.
Fishbones is just past 12 mile on Northwestern. If you go all the way down Northwestern to 14 mile, you'll run into Champps, J Alexanders, etc. Do the loop and come back, you'll hit Chilis and Macaroni Grill.

Copper canyon is good, and there's a restaurant in the Star Southfield theater called Volcano (I think). They have decent food and make a decent martini.

Oooh, I almost forgot Big Rock on Eton, just south of Maple in B'ham. I haven't eaten there, but Bill has.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everybody!! I'm going to keep these suggestions;

Manana-II- you and I will try out that place one day after work!!!

Been to 220~quite good
goingto big rock tomorrow~pricey there!

That Mitchells fish market sounds great~as does that bocoos!!! shopping in bham and lunch there might be a nice Saturday in the near future...

going to try out~will post tonight how it is; supposed to be ecclectic and awesome!

Sweet Loraine's
> 29101 Greenfield Rd
> Southfield, MI
> Phone: 248-559-5985
> Unique Menu

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Sweet Lorraine's is great! I don't know why I forgot that one...
Parking is in the back, so if you miss one driveway, take the next one. If you like carrot cake, try theirs. It's big enough to share.
It's a good "girlfriend" place. I used to meet a friend there once in awhile and the waitstaff knew when to come around and when to let us chat. Sometimes they have live music.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
MON JIN LAU
1515 E Maple Rd
NE corner of Maple & Stephenson Hwy
Troy, Michigan 48083-1102
(248) 689-2332

THE place to see and be seen . . .

Oh yeah, and they've got GREAT food!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:

Sweet Loraines was very good; definitely an awesome dessert tray, though I should have gotten the carrot cake rather than the butter chocolate chip cake...

Dinner was tilapia on a bed of garlic mashed toped with a delectable sauce, tomatoes, onions and olives... yum!!

Would I go back?

Ehhh... If I'm going to the west side, I'd try something new for sure!

but it gets 3.5 out of 4 stars...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts