Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Globalmap 2000 with both GPS and Sonar. The unit itself is properly a good 10 years old now but it has worked so well over the years I haven’t seen the need to replace it. Today I started the boat and powered on the LMS 2000 and hit the Sonar button and a message came on stating the following: "Sonar Not Selected". I looked in the manual and there is nothing related to this message, I then called Lowrance and was put in touch with a help desk person who had no clue what the problem was and or the English language. I tried doing the Factory Reset for the Sonar unit and didn't help either. Is there anyone out there with some information that I could use?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have one and it could be something bad, or not so bad.
Check the power to your SAM ST unit. Bad connections make the unit act up on sonar mode.
I haven't used mine in a while, but I think there is a screen to select 50KHZ or 92KHZ transducer. Something like those numbers. You might need to redo that. It will need to match your transducer and SAM ST.

Your SAM ST could be bad. Good luck getting it fixed, or finding another. I lucked out and found one on EBAy after mine puked. It's worth saving. I always have liked the depth sounder on this unit. The Mapping with the C Map was way ahead of it's time. It's still a good unit if you have the DGPS.

QUOTE(OzoneMaker @ Sep 18 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a Globalmap 2000 with both GPS and Sonar. The unit itself is properly a good 10 years old now but it has worked so well over the years I haven't seen the need to replace it. Today I started the boat and powered on the LMS 2000 and hit the Sonar button and a message came on stating the following: "Sonar Not Selected". I looked in the manual and there is nothing related to this message, I then called Lowrance and was put in touch with a help desk person who had no clue what the problem was and or the English language. I tried doing the Factory Reset for the Sonar unit and didn't help either. Is there anyone out there with some information that I could use?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts