Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I know only a handful of people on this board personally know me, and even fewer know my brother Tom. I've been a member here long enough to know that all of you are good hearted people. My family could use your prayers. Tom has been diagnosed with lung cancer. The following is part of an update sent by my sister to all of our family and friends:

Tom had the biopsy this morning...unfortunately, they did not have to do a frozen section since the doctor could tell by looking that the disease had spread all through his right lung. He now has no air passage thru that lung. The disease has taken over and is moving up to the bronchial area. The treatment plan is this: very aggressive radiation and chemo to try to shrink the mass and stop the spreading.......in a couple of months, if the chemo and radiatin do the right thing, then they will be able to go in surgically and remove the mass and the right lung. The doctor explained that it is going to be a very tough road to travel, but Tom is strong otherwise, and thru the grace of God, he will get through this. He had a very hard time accepting the news, but with the help of Cindy (our cousin that works at DMC) and Sherri (his girlfriend), we were able to convince him that the fight is not over.....it has just begun. He was doing better when I left him tonite (he is at home) . He has his first appointment with the oncologist next Tuesday and we will go from there. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and ask that you continue to keep them coming. We have a long road to travel but we can do this.....I really believe that. I will keep you all informed as to what is happening with him.....thank you all.....
Love and God Bless.....Sue

What I'm asking is for your prayers. I truly believe that there is strength in numbers and we'll take all that we can get. I attached a pic of Tom (along with a long time family friend and myself) taken at our sister's house on Christmas Eve in case you may have met him on the lake or elsewhere. He's the one with hair... lol. Thanks for taking the time to read this and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dave

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
terrible news prayers for you and family

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Good luck to your brother, he is in our prayers.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
...so sorry to hear this sad news, Dave. A big hug goes out to you...your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
557 Posts
With God ALL things are possible....may he bless Tom & your family with His everlasting love and mercy.... Amen

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
my prayers are with you, and maybe this will give you a little bright light at the end of the tunnel.

6 years ago in october my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. not as severe as your brother, but cancer none the less. they had to remove more than 3/4 of one of his lungs. he had tubes in him, etc, and was in the hospital for at least a month. i moved in with my mom (being the single one--my brother had just gotten married) to take more or less care of her because she was a mess. soon, dad was home, recouperating, and just after january he went back to work.

i am happy to report he is happy, very healthy, and still egging me on about when am i getting married. we prayed a lot for him, and yes... prayers do work. he is 6years cancer free!!!

your brother will, too! have faith!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
will say a prayer for your brother and and your family..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts