Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to launch my boat from Lac Saint Clair Harbor Saturday morning. However I just called there and learned that this site is only open to citizens of SCS. I live in Royal Oak so I don't count!!!

Is there any other site South of Metro that a regular schmo like me could lauch his boat and store his vehicle at? It is important that I get the boat out of the water and back to Saint Claire shores as soon as the offical RAFT count has been completed Saturday afternoon.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Gerb

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
There is a DNR launch on Jefferson, right accross from Eddies Drive In (North of Shook, South of Crocker on Jefferson). What size is your boat? A small boat would be able to launch/load from there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My boat is 22ft. Should be ok at that launch right?

I'm thinking the Clinton River Cut Off launch is my only other option. Was just hoping there would be something even closer seeing how there is so much shoreline property in SCS and Southern Harrsison Township.

Thanks for the quick response.

Gerb

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I have a 23 and I don't know if I would launch there. It's pretty shallow. My advice would be just to launch at South River DNR. I understand about getting out of the raft right after the record count. I have to be at a wedding in New Baltimore that night. Good luck with the launch issue.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the DNR link a few days ago. I was wondering if the cities themselves, or some business, had boat lauches too.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Gerb

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
also theres the St Jean ramp off of St Jean street in detroit and theres a private ramp off of alter rd near windmill point that should hold your size boat.. Its further for you to drive your boat.. buts not that far of a drive down jefferson once you pull your boat out of the water..

·
Registered
71 Posts
The last 3 years I have dropped in at Blossom Heath, about 9and 1/2 and Jefferson. I am not a SCS resident, no one has ever questioned it. I have no problems with getting in and out with a 27ft.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a surprize birthday party to attend in St Clair Shores around 4:00. The later I am showing up to that the deeper I'll be in the hole with the wife and her family. I had a hard enough time convincing her that I needed to go out and guzzle beer and join the raft before hand. I don't need more grief for showing up real late

My original idea was to find a launch close to where I'll be in SCS. That way I'd be real close once I yank the boat out. But now I'm thinking that it may be better just to load the boat at the Harley Ensign and drive back down to SCS. It's further to drive but closer by boat.

I prefer Harley over Metro this time simply because of no-wake taxiing time. It takes a while to get back to the ramp at metro once you come in.

There may be a hole in this logic, I dont' know.

The Blossom Heath sounds like a good option too. It's just 2 Miles south of the VFW at 11-1/2 and Jefferson.

Thanks for the plethora of options guys. I know my needs sound trivial but this helped a lot

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doooohhhhh!!!

Just thought I'd give a follow up. I never had a chance in hell of making it back from the raft by 4:30 to 5:00. Too much fun going on. I did manage to make it to the party by 7:00 AND didn't get into too much trouble.

Hey, I couldn't help it that my boat was trapped in the raft with no room to manuver or get out

All that worrying for nothing. Well, at least I found out more about the lake in the process.

Gerb.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I live in SCS and have launched in SCS many times....the never ask for ID just money.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Same as taxman. I'm at the 11 & Jeff. The other one is at Blossom Heath just S. of 10 and there's one at 9 for E. Point residents also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts