Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been having a 6 month heated debate about the LSCN with someone and i'm about to pull my hair out. can you all help me?

it seems that this person has it in their mind that the LSCN is a 'place where guys go to pick up and hit on girls' and 'a pick up site.'

i've described until i'm blue in the face that this is a social site made up of many terrific people who like to have fun and hang out with others with the same thoughts/goals. i've also stated that there are familys involved here (& i don't see any wife swapping going on). i've also had to conceed that yes, sometimes there have been 'hook ups' that stemmed from here, but that's in the rarity.

maybe it's because this person isn't a boater or a social person and has never been to the gauntlet to experience it. i don't have a clue why they think that way; all i want to do is have y ou guys, well, prove them wrong!

so, will all you wonderful peeps out there PLEASE post here YOUR opinions on what the LSCN is and please back me up that this isn't a cyber meat market.

to me, it's a group of peeps that share a love for boating, socializing, and being active. we do things to help others as well as those in our lscn family here. yes, we PAR-TAY!! but we're all responsible adults.
we're silly and funny and heck... i think this site & our family ROCK!

what say you?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Dec 1 2003, 09:50 AM)it seems that this person has it in their mind that the LSCN is a 'place where guys go to pick up and hit on girls' and 'a pick up site.'
It's not??

Actually, I think of it as a place where I am free to speak my mind, ... and post funny pictures.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
no way !! ithink this site is great it boaters getting together having fun and making new friends if your fortunate to meet some one with same intrest and fall in love its just a added bonus from being a member here.

no way do i think its a pick up site.ive hung with single guys and the single girls as well as married couples no one says they joined to meet hot women, they joined to meet boaters and people that share same intrest.and to make new friends.

not to mention also about the charitable things people do on here like trying to find homes for pets. donating for cancer runs. toys for tots. hammer and i met someone and was teling her about lscn and how nice peeps are and were not just a bunch of party peeps we do or donate for charity too. and try to help others when possible.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It's preaty obvious that its exactly how you have described it CK. You have probly wasted alot of your time trying to convince this person that it's not what they think it is. I suggust you stop trying and let this closed minded person go away, and since they are so closed minded they probly wouldn't fit in with us crazy peeps. TO BAD, THEY LOSE.
BA BUY.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
As far as I have seen in the past year & a half LSCN is an internet family who all watch out for each other.. It's a place to find out about boating events and partying and such. If you have a question someone will answer it.. Even though I don't go out and do the partying thing with others I do consider LSCN not a MEAT MARKET or pick up place. It's a site devoted to boaters and non-boaters to pass away time with good people who care about one another..
If someone meets another person here at LSCN and decides to date then it's just an extra added benefit...
Ck, I hope this helps...

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
LSCN is definately not a cyber meat market - LSCN is the vehicle I use to chit chat and still be able to "play" with my buds while I'm working or at home - that's all! It's not that easy for me to get out, so this is the way I can still keep in touch with everyone. Same with the SunBums ~ they are all the way down in FLA and are still in touch with us all winter long.

CK - is your friend putting pressure on you about this site like "What's the big attraction?" I guess if they don't come to the events and join up themselves they'll never know what it's like, so it would be hard to explain the bond we have. They need to take the attitude of "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

G

·
All I can tell your friend is that last summer was the best boating season in my life. I have soooo many new friends out there that are hands down some of the greatest people I have ever met.

One of my favorite places on this earth is Harsens island. I never imagined I would ever be able to spend as much time on the island as I did last year. I now know at least a dozen people who either live on or own a weekend cottage on the island and have welcomed me out there at any given time. That to me is one of the most valueable things in my life right now because I love it out there so much (but, cannot afford a cottage at this time).
All these people, I have met through The Lake St. Clair Network (LSCN).

I literally cannot go down the street to fill up my car with gas or go to the grocery store without running into one of my LSCN friends. What a great feeling. I have never had this many friends in my life. Such great people. Thanks LSCN!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Wellllll.....

Hate to say it, but a lot of hooking up does go on behind the scenes here and we all know it!!!!

However, it's no different from any other place in life, the focus is NOT hooking up the focus is having a ton of people to hang with at any given time if you so choose.

If a person is trustworthy, shouldn't matter the environment at all... workplaces, bars, EVERYTHING has a possiblity for shadyness...

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
so who's rumpy hitting on now????, JK - RUMP!!!

i agree with CK 95%, at least that what it is for me and most people, BUT

there are some things mentioned by CK that are happening here (swinging? nudists?, three-ways?), not naming names or suspicions but its out there

by the way, we only swing with DOOKIE, and a few others that don't want their names mentioned here SO ALL THE GIRLS CAN STOP HITTING ON ME (thanks)

KEY CLUB-- EAST SIDE!!!!!

oh yeah, and Brian and Nikki (<----- OH BOY!!!!)

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
This person is forming an opinion about something they haven't truly experienced. The people we've met here are all around fun, caring people and the majority of us have the same interests. Everyone sticks together through good times and bad. Some have made wonderful friendships and if it wasn't for this site, we wouldn't have met the wonderful people we have. Yeah, all of us love to party, but there are also quite a few that go the extra mile to help others (charities, fund raisers etc..) which allows us all to get involved. It's an extended family in my thinking.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Dec 1 2003, 10:14 AM)LSCN is the vehicle I use to chit chat and still be able to "play" with my buds while I'm working or at home - that's all! It's not that easy for me to get out, so this is the way I can still keep in touch with everyone. Same with the SunBums ~ they are all the way down in FLA and are still in touch with us all winter long.

CK - is your friend putting pressure on you about this site like "What's the big attraction?" I guess if they don't come to the events and join up themselves they'll never know what it's like, so it would be hard to explain the bond we have. They need to take the attitude of "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
exactly! me too!

great discussion everyone!!! keep em coming!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
To borrow a quote from Hammer,

"Kinda old news for a lot of you by now, but since I've been on since June of last year I have seen the board grow enormously.

Remembering back to the thread about friends and Capt'n Robs story about how all this started. I remember Rob talking about starting the site years ago. I think we can all say we are glad him and the others did.

I'm not even going to try and name everyone who's friendship means so much but maybe a recap on some of the events that were a lot of fun.

Meeting new friends for the first time out in the bay last summer - rerun, patriot, Bill272, freckles, XO, Dr XO, and many more. Hanging the LSCN banner on the boat for all the members to easily find our group. Introducing you guys with kids to Sand Pointe Yacht Club people and all their kids. This summer is even going to be better.

Taking the boat to Tin Fish on Wednesdays and meeting new faces there.

The Luau at HCN. I think that was the first time we all got to put faces to names. And of course meeting Prom Queen and her episode with rerun. haha.

The halloween party at Brown's, the haunted house big red bus trip, the Christmas party at Jacks, Tip-up town and staying at Taxman's (leaving out the finger nail polish part) The VIP party at the Roostertail - what a great looking bunch, Rob's b-day party at Jack's, the big red bus parade trip, CBJ and the bus on the ice and yesterdays SOSCL event at Gino's.

One of the biggest, I think we can all agree is the Tuesday night thing - Thanks to you CBJ. Great idea bud.

Its interesting to see the new members every day and to hear the stories of how they heard about the board. Some of us have known each other for years and years and now we're all on this discussion board years later.

So anyways thanks to you all for the friendships and lets all hope for good water this summer and a safe boating season for all. "

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Dec 1 2003, 10:21 AM)there are some things mentioned by CK that are happening here (swinging? nudists?, three-ways?), not naming names or suspicions but its out there

by the way, we only swing with DOOKIE, and a few others that don't want their names mentioned here SO ALL THE GIRLS CAN STOP HITTING ON ME (thanks)

oh yeah, and Brian and Nikki (<----- OH BOY!!!!)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Dec 1 2003, 10:34 AM)lmao~snow and shannon!!
And all we ever get to see is Goose's a$$?? <_<

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
What is LSCN? A darn good question that is not easty to answer.....

Well let me tell you it is everything posted above and more.

To me, it is a place on the net to go to find out about our "Great Lake" Lake St Clair. LSCN is a one stop shopping extravaganza about the past, present and future of St Clair. A place that businesses have a "captive", loyal audience in their demographic. A great way to reach your customers or gain new ones! There is more information/news about the lake than anywhere that I have seen.......You need a float plan, we got it! Water level report, we got it! Want to know about a business or service on the lake, we got it! Marine charts of the lake, we got it! Fishing reports, we got it! Social events, we got it! Just want to get away from the madness of everyday life, we got it! Need a hand moving a fridge, you got it! Wanna laugh, we got it!

This place has transformed into an entity that is very difficult to describe, because it encompasses so many things to so many people. I do not, nor have I ever, looked at it as a place to meet chicks....even though I met an awesome woman at an event that was put on by one of the members. I and many others look out for the ladies (and some of the guys...lol), I am constantly "scanning" the crowd at an event making sure that others are respectful and safe. I do know that I am not the only one that does that. We are like a family and we need to look out for each other!

I meet people from MANY other states (mostly fisherman) that know about this site, but they only know about one thing....the fishing stuff. That is fine and dandy, it fits them perfectly. They can post about where to stay, where to fish, what to bring, etc. and there are plenty of people ready and willing to answer their questions without too much hassle...lol

There are plenty of people that dont own a boat or dont frequent St Clair that come here for answers about the lifestyle (the boating lifestyle Goose...lol). The answers come easy and painless, no need to worry about someone putting them down because of what they do or do not have. It is simply a family that cares about ALOT of things that ALOT of people these days seem to forget. That in and of itself is a pretty awesome thing!

CK, if that person thinks that this is a "pick up" joint, so be it. Once they experience the warmth, loyalty and depth of this crazy and supportive crowd, they will understand. Until then.....they have no idea what they are missing!

Well I will get off my soapbox....and on to a plane!

Mini

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
goose's arse!!! lol!!!!

have a good trip, mini!!

1 - 20 of 166 Posts