Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are planning on going up to huron from Lake st clar to fish... Any good ideas, where to go to get some samon? we are thinking about trolling up twards lexington, but have no idea about tepth or area we should try any help would be great aprecheated
HOP

·
Registered
39 Posts
Port Lexington.

Port Sanilac.

Harbor Beach.

Good places to fish for salmon.

Need cold rains to get the fish close to shore.(I fish from the Sanilac seawall).

I would start now.

Call Lakeside Tackle 586.777.7009 for starts.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Definately Blast to Lexington or about 9 more miles to Port Sanilac: You'll slay the Chinook, Coho's , Brown Trout, and Steelhead,,, All you got to do is troll around the harbors this time of year.. Use J-Plugs, or experiment with body baits. Spoons and any salmon lure... You'll have a blast,, you might want to trailor to the ports..

h2o<---------says good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
nope going boat up and stay in port huron and make a weekend of it.
Thanks for the hints! any ideas what depth if i toll up on the way?
Hop

·
Registered
39 Posts
hop on,
there will be salmon staging near the Black River in Port Huron, near Lexington harbor, and maybe in front of some other creek mouths inbetween. If you troll all the way from PH to Lexington, you may be spending a lot of time in unproductive water. You're probably better off fishing PH and then crusing North to fish around Lexington harbor. The fish get pretty concentrated this time of year.

Hope this helps, and good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just got a report from Harbor Beach, my buddy said the salmon and huge brown trout are showing up outside the harbor on the north side. Try fishing bombers and j-plugs in 70-100 FOW. Also they have been getting some walleyes inside of the harbor casting bombers after dark. I will be heading up Saturday to get the deer stands ready(harbor beach) and might try to get some walleye in the harbor.Hope this helps.~~~~~~~~~~><> AL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts