Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who knows of a good camera, possibly with zoom, that isnt way too expensive? (<$250)

post a link if you can

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Shorgasm III @ Nov 29 2003, 04:38 PM)who knows of a good camera, possibly with zoom, that isnt way too expensive? (<$250)

post a link if you can
What's the emergency? You got a hot neighbor chick that's strutting around naked or something?

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

YES!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(excalibur al @ Nov 29 2003, 06:16 PM)this is my camera.very easy to operate.good pictures.
B)model 4230
brand? price?

G

·
I got a Canon A70 over the summer. 3.2 Megapixels with a 3x zoom, lots of manual controls or full automatic and pretty compact. I see them for around $299, but you could probably find it for less on the internet. Try to find a deal where they throw in a memory card free, at least 128MB.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
from what im seeing, the memory cards are extra right?
what do those run.

(yes, its time to give up the film)

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TTT

G

·
Mine came with a 16 MB card which wouldn't hold many pics. The 128MB card was included during a sale at officemax. I checked Newegg.com and you can get a 128mb card for around $35. Check the sunday ads for Staples, Officemax, Officedepot, Bestbuy, etc and someone usually has a sale on them. Get the camera first, since there are different kinds of memory cards available, like Smartmedia, compactflash, Sony memory sticks...

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I have the Olympus 10X digital camera. A great little camera but it's double the price that you are looking at...
Try looking out of New York at some of the mail order camera stores... You can find them in the back of any Photography Magazine.. I bought mine in St Thomas and saved quite a bit. I will be going there again this coming March, 2004..

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
beware of cameras from New York, and other places, which are considerably cheaper than other online sites.
Many times they are what is called grey market merchandise and not covered under Warranty by the manufacturer. They are usually imported from other overseas markets.

some online stores have amazingly low prices, but after you order they will try and get you to buy overpriced accessories they say are required. (and aren't).. then I've heard where they'll do a recheck on the stock of the item you ordered.. and amazingly after you don't buy their expensive add-ons, the camera you ordered is out of stock. funny how that works. I read a bunch of articles about it when I was buying my camera almost a year ago, but don't remember the sites now.

maybe for a $200-$300 camera I wouldn't worry so much about a lemon, but when buying a $700 camera the last thing I wanted was defective merchandise and no one to turn to.

just be cautious when ordering online. if the price is too good to be true, it just might be.

G

·
I don't use the digital zoom either. Blowing up the image after it's taken with photo software does the same thing and gives you more flexibility.

Another site with lots of reviews is www.stevesdigicams.com/

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I agree with you about new York but if you call them and ask for a US Warrenty at the time and if they are in stock you shouldn't have any problems. I have ordered through New York and only 1 time have I had a problem with an order. Just my .02 cents worth..

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im not worried about anything online. i just gonna go into a local store and get one. just wanted to see what people have and what feature i should look for.
so far im needing

optical zoom,
and a 128mb card.

well, thats a start!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I will be selling mine real soon!

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PM me $$

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.