Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my friend at work needs to find a loving home for her pooch.

His name is Dexter. He will be 3 in October. He is a male, Rotweiler/Lab? mix. He has already been fixed, and his shots are up to date, just needs this years. He is GREAT with kids, loves attention and is very playful. He's not agressive, but will protect when needed. He's black and brown with a white chest and has a handsome face.

I can vouge for the fact that he's great with kids and with other dogs, have seen him in action with our boxer.

She is looking to place him in a loving home because of changes in her family. She is unable to devote the time and attention to him that he needs and wants to make sure he is going to be well taken care of.

If you have any suggestions, please!! pm me or shoot me an email. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Why do I have a feeling either my wife or Dookie will take on this task?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Aug 7 2003, 06:31 PM)Hi everyone, my friend at work needs to find a loving home for her pooch.

His name is Dexter. He will be 3 in October. He is a male, Rotweiler/Lab? mix. He has already been fixed, and his shots are up to date, just needs this years. He is GREAT with kids, loves attention and is very playful. He's not agressive, but will protect when needed. He's black and brown with a white chest and has a handsome face.

I can vouge for the fact that he's great with kids and with other dogs, have seen him in action with our boxer.

She is looking to place him in a loving home because of changes in her family. She is unable to devote the time and attention to him that he needs and wants to make sure he is going to be well taken care of.

If you have any suggestions, please!! pm me or shoot me an email. Thanks everyone!
Do you have a picture of him? We want to get a dog soon~ i want one who is already trained ;-)

·
Registered
419 Posts
my rooomate and i were talking about getting a puppy, but decided against it b/c we are not around enough to train it properly. but this could be a good option for us....post a pic

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Aug 7 2003, 01:38 PM)QUOTE(Ladybug @ Aug 7 2003, 06:31 PM) Hi everyone, my friend at work needs to find a loving home for her pooch.

Do you have a picture of him? We want to get a dog soon~ i want one who is already trained ;-)
Good idea Cindy! Rot/lab mixes are supposed to be a great combination...I have "met" a few! Also, the benefit of getting a dog young but not too old is that all of the expensive "stuff" is already done!

Ladybug, it doesn't sound like your friend would take the dog to the pound...but if she is considering it after no luck placing it I have a contact for her at a no kill rescue league who can take the dog and place it in a nice foster home until it is adopted out. Dookie and I have done this before <_< Have always wanted to own my own rescue league, if this keeps up I may have too

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your responses! She is trying to get me a photo right now. I hope to be able to post it here soon for you.

Boss, if things don't go well, then I will get with you for the name of the rescue. I know she doesn't want to take him to the pound because she doesn't want him put down.

Loud, let me know once you see the pic!

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Aug 7 2003, 02:47 PM)Thanks everyone for your responses! She is trying to get me a photo right now. I hope to be able to post it here soon for you.

Boss, if things don't go well, then I will get with you for the name of the rescue. I know she doesn't want to take him to the pound because she doesn't want him put down.

Loud, let me know once you see the pic!
definately. i already sent an email to my roomate to see what he thinks as well....

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
I WOULD LOVE TO GET A BUDDY FOR THOR !
but i am not home enough as it is

and would feel bad if i got another, but man i wish i had normal hours , then i would be all over that !

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Loud454 @ Aug 7 2003, 02:08 PM)what kind of dog is thor? great dane?
YES, HE WAS 9.5 IN THAT PIC.
HE WILL BE 10 IN OCTOBER, PRETTY OLD FOR A DANE

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I would take him in a heartbeat but hubby won't let me. he says our house is like the Humane Society already. But if was out of town this weekend... I would!!

I have a Rot/Husky mix and he is a great dog. he is a little crazy but he is only 8 months old (and 85 lbs).

Now I am so bummed because I would love to get another friend for him. He loves other dogs.

I will ask kevin but I know the answer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for everyone who contacted me, things are a bit up in the air right now on this one. She might've found a farm for the dog to go to, she's waiting to hear right now. If it is a no, then I will post some pics.

Thanks again! You folks are GREAT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts