Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those sinus rinse kits from wally world because I have a big nose that is not partial to allergens. I had a head cold and blasted it with the kit and it helps get that garbage out and clear you up. Feels weird at first till you get used to it but trust me you'll get over your cold alot faster and it helps with sore throats being that alot of times its caused by sinus draining backward all night. Just figured I'd share since its the cold season and all.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Seems like everyone is getting sick. I'm lucky to be getting over it pretty quickly, and hope to be out on the ice Saturday morning. I'm not sure if I could do that sinus thing, it just seems really funky. I swear by Zicam, and then some Nyquil to make sure you get a good night's rest.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Feb 3 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ya but what is it called i have been having problems for a while now but it's just a drip feeling good but the drip has been bugging me
Called netty pot. Warm saline water goes in one nostril while coming out the other with your head tilted sideways.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Dr. advised me to use it last year. It's called Niel Med and it was tough to get used to but now I swear by it. It has helped with my alergies and colds. It relieves headaches from sinus pressure by cleaning out the gunk.

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Feb 3 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Feb 3 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ya but what is it called i have been having problems for a while now but it's just a drip feeling good but the drip has been bugging me
Called netty pot. Warm saline water goes in one nostril while coming out the other with your head tilted sideways.

My wife saw the Netty Pot on Oprah and has been trying to get me to try it. I told her never, I'm not watching Oprah
. Really though it just sounds awful, I can't bring myself to stick things in my nose. My sinuses are so bad, hayfever and indoor allergies. Oh yea and my wife collects cats, which doesn't help. Last thing I want to do is put saltwater in my nose, my eyes are watering now just thinking of it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I heard they work great..i have been wantin to get one.

egg drop soup anyone? lol

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(rustyman @ Feb 3 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bought one of those sinus rinse kits from wally world because I have a big nose that is not partial to allergens. I had a head cold and blasted it with the kit and it helps get that garbage out and clear you up. Feels weird at first till you get used to it but trust me you'll get over your cold alot faster and it helps with sore throats being that alot of times its caused by sinus draining backward all night. Just figured I'd share since its the cold season and all.

I've been using the NeilMed Sinus Rinse since I found out (2005) that I was allergic to mold & was getting bad sinus infections because of the allergy. During the winter I use it twice a day, after I get out of the shower in the morning & before I go to bed. Works great. I haven't had a cold since I've been using it every day. I've tried the cheaper store brands (CVS, WalGreens etc.) but they don't work as good.

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

1 - 10 of 10 Posts