1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Not working.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 28 2003, 08:41 AM)Red on the right returning!
(or so I've been told)

That would be upstream.......

If you have a chart or chartplotter it would show you which side the red should be on if you're confused....Still the buoys move around and that sucks obviously.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think a basic boating class would of helped to understand what side of the boat the red buoy belongs on. Expensive lesson..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Even if they did screw up & put the wrong color on the wrong side, wouldn't you want to stay BETWEEN them!!????

Duhr.........

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Since the bouys are actually channel markers, the rule "Red on Right Returning" refers to returning to a channel or moving upstream in a channel.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The title of this post is from the title of the email my friend sent me. It appears to me the title is a joke since the poor boater is beached on a shallow area outside of the bouys (channel markers).

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jul 28 2003, 02:51 PM)The title of this post is from the title of the email my friend sent me. It appears to me the title is a joke since the poor boater is beached on a shallow area outside of the buoys (channel markers).
I'm a bit confused by your post....I didn't think it was a joke...Sorry your friend beached outside the buoys....Hopefully he has no damage to his boat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts