Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious; off shoot from the photos from half my life ago....

I can honestly say no... I never thought I'd be back in Michigan... I wanted to live abroad, experience the most I could experience...

but no place has ever felt like home like it has here....

As far as single and no kids... yeah, that's pretty much on target.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 17 2004, 10:13 AM)As far as single and no kids... yeah, that's pretty much on target.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 17 2004, 10:13 AM)I wanted to live abroad
But you are a broad. Or do you prefer "chick" or "dame"?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Execpt for now looking for a job.....I would say yeah it`s pretty much going as

planned.......But when how come when I was 18..........40 seemed sooooo far

away.....Almost like no way I would make it that long.........And as that target age

gets ever so close I wipe my brow and wonder where the time has gone....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Much better than I imagined it would be. owning My own fitness gym personal training.
I thought I would have at least 1 kid already but as of now mabye when I'm 30 +

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
OMG, I am a zillion degrees from where I was in jr high and high school. Back then I cared about almost nothing professionally except for the paycheck.

I have a written goal from that time that states that I planned to make at least $100,000 a year before I was 30. Um -- no. I am at about the lowest salary of all of my friends, and I care the least too.

I figured that I would be married with kids and all that. Um -- no, maybe one day, but not for another 3 or 4 years at least.

Teaching -- F-that, no way would I even let the concept into my mind. That's what I do and where it's at for me.

Eastpointe -- used to be East Detroit = White trash. The houses are way to small for my tastes, I need at least 3000 sq ft. I love my neighborhood and my house is quite to my taste.

I'm gonna have a big go fast boat too, no cabing cruiser, too slow, who cares about a cabin??? 268 Sundancer, great for every application.

Oh yea, 1 more thing, my hair will never be thin.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
if i remember correctly, in h.s. when we did our 'wills', we had to finish the phrase: '10 years for now i will...' and i think i replied: '...married with 2 kids, one on the way, and running my own interior design business and coaching cheerleading.'

well, not so much the married with kids part, and instead of interior design i got event planning. as for coaching cheerleading, i did that up until i was 22 i think? lol. i'm very much a 'i don't want to wonder what if?' kind of chicka. i'll do anything i want to try just to see what it's like.

and i wouldn't give up the life i have no for anything!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I am not where I thought I would be today! I am twice divorced, with three kids two grandchildren! I am not happy with where I am at, nor am I un-happy! It is just another chapter of my life!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Nope and nobody gives a crap!!

Love my job, but it's become rather consuming of late.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I never saw myself being married. I also for some reason always felt like I was going to die before I turned 21.

Now I'm almost 30 and have a great wife who I sometimes feel is too good for/to me.

Career-wise, I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nope. In high school I had it set in my mind that I was going to be a mechanic. I would start in automotive then maybe move on to aviation. The money was good and turning a wrench was something that I used to love. I did the mechanic thing for about 2 ½ years after HS, then one of my HS buds got me into a shop designing cars (or parts of them) rather then fixing them. That has turned into an 18-year carrier. Although the last few years in this biz have been tough, I for the most part have been very happy with this unplanned carrier path.

40 is about to smack me right in the face and I never imagined that I would still be single. Sure it can be lonely but it's not all bad. With no family to raise and wife to answer to, I have pretty much been able to do whatever I want, spend money on what I want and live life on my terms. I'll be in for a shock if I ever find the right woman and have to adjust to that little thing called compromise.

Since the 1st 40 haven't gone as planned I don't think I will even bother planning the next 40 or so. I'm just gonna let them happen.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Don't have the career I thought I would have.

But I do recall in highschool I wanted to be married to Tango 7, and have at least two kids.....Got that..Funny how life works! I wouldn't change any of that.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I'm not exactly sure where I thought I would be..I know while I was finishing my degree I couldn't wait to go out there and get a great 9 to 5 job and have my nights free!
Well, that has paid well, but hasn't added up to anything exciting. I never really thought about marriage and kids, so it is a nice surprise to be married to a great guy and have a great house on top of it. We do travel alot, but I did always think I would have seen the world by now and lived in more exotic places then where I have so far.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No....but the problem is that I never really pictured how my life should be....I just thought things will go the way they should....like someone had the secret to my future and I would find out along the way...but, I know that isn't how things go.

I just trudge along....making friends and enjoying myself...until one day...it hits me!!....I must change! and then BOOM....I make a drastic change in my life. I've done that with going to college, moving, breaking up with boyfriends, getting in shape, and etc.

I know this is not the best approach...so, I think I need to start really evaluating where I would like to see myself in 10 years and quit make excuses and thinking I am going to be young forever! <_< ....Because as sad as it is....I am not that young anymore!

I have been thinking about some things that I definatley want to change this year.....and as soon as I implement them....I will let you know!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
NOPE!

...but

I am creating the perfect life - it's a work in progress

Life is what we make it, isn't it?!?!?!?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
pretty much yeah, besides being divorced. I never wanted that to happen to me

wanted to get married one day...tried that once, almost twice

wanted to have kids...got 'em
wanted to have a degree...got it
wanted to have a vette...bingo ~ in my driveway
wanted to be an engineer or paralegal....nope, but love what I do instead

i'm just waiting to win the lottery and then all my aspirations will be all set!

ps. forgot about my cabin up north that I will have some day

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
No it's not what I thought it would be........but I do have faith that I will get what I need-

had the american dream......3 kids, 2 cats, nice house, nice cars, husband...............still wasn't happy. (something missing)

10 years later & I'm starting over...not sure what I want now, kinda winging it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
no, cause I', still imagining that I'm gonna win a 100 mil lotto.
fingers crossed.....hmmmm....suppose I'd have to by a ticket first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts