Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That freighter make my boat look tiny. It's white dot just below the freighter's bridge.

Cloud Water Sky Watercraft Boat

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 26 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Least you could have done is wave!

Who took the photo?

Well if I would have known I was getting a picture I would have, I did wave to the people that were filming me but they lost the video. Not sure who took yet, it was one of the boat4vets people.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 26 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 26 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Least you could have done is wave!

Who took the photo?

Well if I would have known I was getting a picture I would have, I did wave to the people that were filming me but they lost the video. Not sure who took yet, it was one of the boat4vets people.

Too bad about the video.

That was great of you to partake in the boat4vets day!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

I'm working on a webcam that will monitor the ship traffic at Edison. Those 1000 footers are always turning around right out front.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

I'm working on a webcam that will monitor the ship traffic at Edison. Those 1000 footers are always turning around right out front.

We will wave to you and Leah on our way to Lexington Friday

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 26 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 26 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Least you could have done is wave!

Who took the photo?

The paint on the deck looks like a Formula ... wasn't mine so it had to be the other one. Don't know who he was but that should narrow it down some.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 27 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Aug 26 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 26 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Least you could have done is wave!

Who took the photo?

The paint on the deck looks like a Formula ... wasn't mine so it had to be the other one. Don't know who he was but that should narrow it down some.

There was a fellow, MikeO, from OSO that trailered up from the St. Lawrence for a week in July and toured the area. His 272 was black and red on white.

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

Get on that will ya?!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Tig's Toy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

What she said! Make sure you're there between 9-10am when we go by and then again between 12-1 when they go by okay?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 27 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tig's Toy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

What she said! Make sure you're there between 9-10am when we go by and then again between 12-1 when they go by okay?

And again between 9:30 and 9:45, 11:15 and 11:30, and again between 1:20 and 1:40 when Wantsa and Redtail do laps around us.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 27 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Roxy, what is your season total miles now? <Last time> we compared, we were about tied.

Just curious...

Good question. I don't know the mileage but here's a bit list.... (all starting and ending at Sombra/Marine City)

1. Last spring went to 5 Red Wings playoff games via boat - docked at Sinbads in Detroit and back.
2. Jimmy Buffet at Lighthouse Cove
3. Saw Kid Rock in Detroit and stayed at Kean's
4. 2 trips to Put - In - Bay, 1 to Cedar Point
5. Another trip to PIB but I trailered to Kingsville and back
6. Sarnia for Bayfest (had 2 boats there)
7. 1 trip to Port Franks and back
8. Probably 10-15 more trips to Seaway/Browns/Muskamoot/Deckers/Algonac, LSC in general.
9. Couple more trips north to St. Clair and Port Huron for dinner etc.

Longest haul so far has only been to CP and back, but that's nothing like your Bruce Penisula trip. We planned on trailering to Trenton then doing the Trent-Severn locks, up to the North Channel and back but the summer got too short on us.

I should've been tracking.

·
Registered
220 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Aug 27 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tig's Toy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've GOT to get to know you people better. That picture (and many others) was taken practically in front of my house. How come nobody waves to me?

Will do. Couple of buddies from Toronto are coming down for a day of boating, we have Tee off time at 10:00 at Mid-Channel so I should be on or near the water by then. I'll listen to 69.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
QUOTE(Roxy @ Aug 27 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Aug 27 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Roxy, what is your season total miles now? <Last time> we compared, we were about tied.

Just curious...

Good question. I don't know the mileage but here's a bit list.... (all starting and ending at Sombra/Marine City)

1. Last spring went to 5 Red Wings playoff games via boat - docked at Sinbads in Detroit and back.
2. Jimmy Buffet at Lighthouse Cove
3. Saw Kid Rock in Detroit and stayed at Kean's
4. 2 trips to Put - In - Bay, 1 to Cedar Point
5. Another trip to PIB but I trailered to Kingsville and back
6. Sarnia for Bayfest (had 2 boats there)
7. 1 trip to Port Franks and back
8. Probably 10-15 more trips to Seaway/Browns/Muskamoot/Deckers/Algonac, LSC in general.
9. Couple more trips north to St. Clair and Port Huron for dinner etc.

Longest haul so far has only been to CP and back, but that's nothing like your Bruce Penisula trip. We planned on trailering to Trenton then doing the Trent-Severn locks, up to the North Channel and back but the summer got too short on us.

I should've been tracking.

That's some nice cruisin'!

I hear ya on the short summer. Where does the time go???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.