Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to post this for a week or more...

One day Jiggers was open...seemed to be busy and the next day we drove by....
it was all closed up...sign down and deserted.

Seems like a shame....parking lot always had several cars in it when we went by.

We didn't go there coz of the smoke...but anyone could see alot of folks did.

Wonder what happened ??

N E 1 know ??

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
They moved to Cheers.

Why is open for speculation. I thought there was a post here or on the other side that said something about taxes being owed. That sounds odd so I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Matt

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are taking over cheers ?? across from the marsh ???
really ???
ho boy...if they are updating the inside or anything I HOPE HOPE HOPE they put in smoke eaters...
or limit the smoking area to the back or side room.

Then...I'd be a patron.

This is good news, Tcg ! I am glad to see a local business do well.
especially a smallish one like this !

Thanks for the info !!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I was surprised to see Jiggers leave that location, they just recently put docks in & dredged over there. But there is a scurry of activity at Cheers, so they are getting ready. I heard she bought Cheers, so I wondered if she just wasn't leasing Jiggers. Cheers is alot smaller than Jiggers was & has a VERY small outside patio, so I doubt there will be any outside entertainment. I have also heard rumors of a corporation type bar/restaurant moving into the lake location. And rumors that Verniers & Hook, Line, & Sinker are both soon closing. Rumors or facts, who knows?

BD, you can get to Cheers off the North Channel, just past Sassy Marine, there's an old gas station sign. You go in that canal, hug that seawall by the gas dock, to the left there are pilings in the water. By road, less than a mile past the Colony Tower, right across from the where the marsh ends.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
speaking of rumors...

I heard that hook line n sinker was pretty nasty inside ??
you would think that with their location right off the launch, they'd have alot of hungry fisherman to feed ?? I dunno...never been in there.

I do hope the new Jiggers/Cheers is a success !

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
honestly...if anyone knows the owner (s) and can pass a word....
please tell them that investing in smoke control will definitely pay off for them....
can't tell you how many friends and neighbors never went to jiggers more than once
because of the heavy heavy HEAVY smoke !
pass the word !

If they somehow control the smoke....combined with all the energy the owner puts into it....
should be a very good deal !

·
Capt'n Chris - LakeStClair.net
851 Posts
We are big fans of Jiggers and Hook Line and Sinker. They are the only places located between the boat and our house. Definitely sorry to see Jiggers move to Algonac, but I hope everything works for them.

Newbs' try hook line and sinkers nachos... I give them two thumbs up.

Has anyone been in the new BJ's in FairHaven? I haven't been in there since they remodeled.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Chris @ Oct 14 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are big fans of Jiggers and Hook Line and Sinker. They are the only places located between the boat and our house. Definitely sorry to see Jiggers move to Algonac, but I hope everything works for them.

Newbs' try hook line and sinkers nachos... I give them two thumbs up.

Has anyone been in the new BJ's in FairHaven? I haven't been in there since they remodeled.

bj 's ??? hehe

I think u mean BG's...and the reason I know is because I always used to call it bj's too and was constantly (and quickly) corrected !

I've been in. BIG improvements in there...high ceilings...lotsa flat screen tvs...new booths, tables and chairs...overall they did a very nice job...and the menu is still very good.

however....two things

1) the smoke is still the same...even with the high ceilings..so if u go, go early.
2) I swear every friggin TV is tuned to a hunting channel !! or fishing !!....
It's not alot of fun trying to eat dinner whilst that kind of stuff (especially the hunting)
is on tv

overall tho....thumbs up for the step up

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Did Rosie's buy Jiggers? That was one of the rumors I heard.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Oct 14 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did Rosie's buy Jiggers? That was one of the rumors I heard.

Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it because Jiggers is quite small.
but who knows ? if they did...HOOORAY FOR US LOCALS !!

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Oct 14 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did Rosie's buy Jiggers? That was one of the rumors I heard.

Rob, not to my knowledge, but can find out. I had orginally heard that Pat OBriens was taking over Jigger's location but have since been told that is not happening.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Oct 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was surprised to see Jiggers leave that location, they just recently put docks in & dredged over there. But there is a scurry of activity at Cheers, so they are getting ready. I heard she bought Cheers, so I wondered if she just wasn't leasing Jiggers. Cheers is alot smaller than Jiggers was & has a VERY small outside patio, so I doubt there will be any outside entertainment. I have also heard rumors of a corporation type bar/restaurant moving into the lake location. And rumors that Verniers & Hook, Line, & Sinker are both soon closing. Rumors or facts, who knows?

BD, you can get to Cheers off the North Channel, just past Sassy Marine, there's an old gas station sign. You go in that canal, hug that seawall by the gas dock, to the left there are pilings in the water. By road, less than a mile past the Colony Tower, right across from the where the marsh ends.

I too Heard the Rumor about the Vernier. After "Chef Dan" left I have heard things have gone down hill. Very Sad to hear.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Chris @ Oct 14 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone been in the new BJ's in FairHaven? I haven't been in there since they remodeled.

BJs? I had one of those the other night.

BG's is a lot nicer. The food is good and the staff is fun, too. I heard rumor the owner likes to grope his waitstaff there, though.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(dnasty @ Oct 15 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Capt'n Chris @ Oct 14 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone been in the new BJ's in FairHaven? I haven't been in there since they remodeled.

BG's is a lot nicer. The food is good and the staff is fun, too. I heard rumor the owner likes to grope his waitstaff there, though.

Giving or getting? he he

Chriznat made me say that for a Klondike bar....

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Oct 15 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dnasty @ Oct 15 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Capt'n Chris @ Oct 14 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone been in the new BJ's in FairHaven? I haven't been in there since they remodeled.

Giving or getting? he he

Chriznat made me say that for a Klondike bar....

Giving, getting ahh what's the difference?! You'd never believe what I did for a Klondike bar

QUOTE(Jazzy @ Oct 15 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dnasty @ Oct 15 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard rumor the owner likes to grope his waitstaff there, though.

Are they hiring?

Yes, only I am doing the interviews

·
Registered
602 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Oct 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And rumors that Verniers & Hook, Line, & Sinker are both soon closing. Rumors or facts, who knows?

Vernier's was open Thursday night when I went past; closed tonight - on Sweetest Day?

Doesn't look good. I'm sad. Even with Chef Dan gone, it was still a good place to eat.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully the more of us that patronize local businesses, the better they may do !

I really think it makes a difference.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts