Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few sailboats in the water so far. Anybody on this board been out yet?

If so, what was it like, and where did you go?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nope. Still sitting on stands. Going to launch this weekend with an act of god to get it prepared Friday and Saturday or wait until the week following Easter.

No small boat/windsurfing etc.. cause my drysuit needs repaired and the water is to cold without it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got to replace my rub rail and parts of the aluminum extrusion this weekend. Then I've got to work next weekend so I probably won't get to the bottom paint and wax until the following weekend, then I'll ask for a launch date.

Another year where I don't get her in until May!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been out finally. Got launched yesterday afternoon and got the boat all rigged up yesterday evening and this morning. Just took a little motor out onto the lake. It was a bit to cold for my wife today but it is supposed to be much warmer this week so will get some sail time in the next few days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tomorrow (May 13th) is the first race of the season for the Tuesday night Spring series. I'll be out there, crewing on an S2 7.9 in the Spin C class. Anyone else racing Tuesday nights? There is usually about 40-50 boats out on Anchor Bay... pretty good action for a local beer can race.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, after some SERIOUSLY hard labor this spring (I STILL have blisters on my thumbs from the rub rail job), the boat is in the water and looks immaculate. For an '86 she looks brand new. I took her out for a sail on Wednesday night and it was absolutlely beautiful.....flat lake and a steady breeze.

Can't wait for the weather to break!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts