Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through Ohio on I-80 headed east yesterday morning and I heard a report on the radio that we all should pay attention to.

What I heard was that some guy was out perch fishing, (I'm assuming on erie) when 2 guys pulled up, pulled out a gun and proceeded to rob him. They took his wallet, phone, keys and his perch! The phone & wallet they threw into the lake. Luckily he had a second set of keys and got back to shore.

To be honest I'm surprised that this hasn't happened around here.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Guess I'll have to start carrying the Benelli with me in the Champion. That way I can shoot thugs and ducks. Either way I am covered.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Oct 29 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guess I'll have to start carrying the Benelli with me in the Champion. That way I can shoot thugs and ducks. Either way I am covered.

Don't go to Canada!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Oct 29 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Oct 29 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guess I'll have to start carrying the Benelli with me in the Champion. That way I can shoot thugs and ducks. Either way I am covered.

Don't go to Canada!

no chit! US only fo sho.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Oct 29 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>now that you mentioned it people will start trying it

WHAT WAS THE GROUP OF BOATS FISHING FOR SILVER BASS IN THE RIVER CALLED?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
And people have asked me why I fish armed. I'm not out there like the Guns of Navaronne, but alot can happen in the middle of the lake with no police around. You're on your own, and far more vulnerable than most people like to believe. Either piracy or petty criminals messing with you, it can get ugly very quickly.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
snowmans quote says it all.........i don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

did these crooks get caught yet? i cant imagine someone cruising up and robbing me while fishing. the water has always seemed like the most peaceful place on earth, and something like this to happen....good to hear the guy made it to shore safely, frightened but safe.

good luck and be safe out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.