Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be careful!!!

84 people fear they've been infected with HIV

June 11, 2004

BY CLEVE R. WOOTSON JR.
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

About 84 people have contacted the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit with concerns that they may have contracted HIV as a result of a man who allegedly exposed up to 200 women to the virus since 1994.

Carl D. Leone, a 28-year-old Windsor businessman, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of common nuisance for not disclosing his HIV status to two women.

Medical authorities fear there could be many more.

Dr. Allen Heimann, the unit's medical officer of health, said the 84 includes both men and women.

"What we have seen is in addition to women who may have been in contact with Leone, we are also seeing their partners," he said.

So far, about 44 people have come into the health unit in Windsor for testing, with two more scheduled for Monday.

Heimann said some preliminary results of the HIV tests have come in, but he would not comment further until conclusive results come in next week.

Leone, who is listed as vice president of Leone's Music World in Windsor, met women through Internet chat rooms and via strip clubs, according to Windsor police. He also traveled outside the greater Windsor area, visiting metro Detroit, and going overseas to Europe, Cuba and the Dominican Republic.

Health authorities have asked that anyone who has had a sexual encounter with Leone contact their local health department. Michigan health officials said Thursday that no one in the United States has called fearing they might be infected by Leone.

Authorities in Canada have deemed Leone a risk to public safety and encourage anyone with information about him, or who has been victimized by him, to call the Windsor Police Service Criminal Investigation Branch at 519-255-6700 ext. 4830 or 4117.

Leone remains in custody in Windsor.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
pffff.... @#$%$ Canadian....

seriously, glad they caught him...

be safe out there!!!!... hats don't just keep your ears warm...-(stupid I know, couldn't think of anything better to say) ..

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
hey... that episode was on law & order: svu last week!

glad they caught the bastage!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(XAM Dan @ Jun 11 2004, 01:48 PM)I hope they charge him with 200 counts of attempted murder...
definitely agreed.. is there a precedent set for a situation like that??

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
well, I did a little reading... I guess its very difficult to prove intent of murder because of the way the law is laid out. Most people who have been charged with Attempted Murder by non-disclosure of their HIV status have been acquitted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is absolutely sickening!! I cannot believe the gaul and the intent of some bastards in this world. Sorry to say, casteration is to kind in my eyes. I think someone needs to pull a Bobbit on him, slice his tounge out, and cut him down at the knees.

gunzzzzzz

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
What an evil jerk. And I'm sure that he's not the only one out there that is/was doing that

Everyone beware! It reminds me of that 1990's commercial Sally did Tommy who did Jane who did Matt who did jessica who did Chris who did Beth who has herpes and now all of them and their partners have it too.
Rain coats protect certain areas use your head and protect the rest.

AAAhh. this is post number 666
No, I'm not superstitious <_<

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Cut his member off, and let each of the women take turn whipping him the number of infected. 84 people whipping 84 times....

It would put Passions to shame!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 11 2004, 10:22 PM)Cut his member off, and let each of the women take turn whipping him the number of infected. 84 people whipping 84 times....

It would put Passions to shame!
I agree them sue for as much as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts