Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hogs were a huge problem when I lived in SC, AL, and GA. They are over populated, getting bigger, breeding with the Rushian Hogs, and now are very agressive. There are no DNR restrictions on hog hunting in those states. It is very hard to hunt them because believe it or not, hogs are the third smartest animal on the plannet. First is Human, second is primate. They also have an excellent sense of smell.

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JAGERPRO

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
It looks sweet, but I'm not quite sure it's worth $2000+. There is a minimum charge of $550 per night per person, with a 2 night minimun, and there needs to be 2 people also per hunt.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You might be right, by the time I buy another AR15, scope, ammo and pay for the trip, it might be cheaper just to go to the butcher shop for the bacon?

That price included using all of their equipment.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe so, but I still want my own Azzhole Remover

They call that the Texas Heart Shot.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too bad of a deal.

My AR15 = $1500 with tax at Rock River Arms

Leopould Scope = $839.99 (without tax or mounts)

Shooting stick (pole cat) = $60 without tax

Ammo = Big money.

I would pay $2000.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Jul 7 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not too bad of a deal.

My AR15 = $1500 with tax at Rock River Arms

Leopould Scope = $839.99 (without tax or mounts)

Shooting stick (pole cat) = $60 without tax

Ammo = Big money.

I would pay $2000.
It would actually be half of that. That was total cost for 2 people. If it's anything like early goose season, it would be fantastic.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
just go up to midland area. any farmer would let you hunt hogs for free there over populated in that area causing alot of crop damage

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 7 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just go up to midland area. any farmer would let you hunt hogs for free there over populated in that area causing alot of crop damage

I keep hearing that, but I have yet to hear of anybody actually shooting a pig up there.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 7 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 7 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just go up to midland area. any farmer would let you hunt hogs for free there over populated in that area causing alot of crop damage

I keep hearing that, but I have yet to hear of anybody actually shooting a pig up there.

Grapes...find a framer.....lets go!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
That would be cool to do!! Cheaper in Michigan. Find famers!!!!

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Jul 7 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 7 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't want to add it up

Stag Arms 2T
Eotech #516A65
Harris bi-pod
3 mags
and I'm not counting ammo

View attachment 63536

Another Mad Dog moment!

Harris makes the best bi-pods around. I wish they made a model with longer legs.

I like the holographic scope too

Nice set up.

He is spoiled and he knows it.
Funny we went shopping for Mother's Day and I picked up my S&W 686+, 3 inch barrel. Poor guy was feeling all left out, so Father's Day came early. He doesn't care much for the 686, it is heavy and 50+ rounds do beat up the hand a bit, but man what a shooter, I don't think I'm going to bother with the laser grips for it.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
FIND THE FARMERS. I'M READY TO KILL DA PIG

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Need pork!!!!!!!! FInd farmers!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you Laura!!!!! I need another gun!! I'd love an AR, but I cant see one in my safe anytime soon!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Shep @ Jul 7 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Jul 7 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 7 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just go up to midland area. any farmer would let you hunt hogs for free there over populated in that area causing alot of crop damage

Grapes...find a framer.....lets go!

I used to be a Framer, but switched to Finish Carpentry.

I'm gonna start the search tonight. I'll let you all know what I find.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts