Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on Holloway today.

I thought Kent was tough yesterday Holloway was even harder. The wind was coming all the way down the lake with 3+ footers.... It was rough and windy. I was forced to fish out of the wind. The wind was brutal.

I fished several cuts and banks out of the wind with no luck. I tried spinner baits, crankbaits, tubes, carloina rigs and Jerk baits.......nothing worked.

I caught nothing !!

The water is about 4-5 foot low. I bumped a many stumps today up in the river trying to find some warmer water.

The water was between 46 and 48 .....I found one spot where it was 50 but caught nothing.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There was 4 other bass boats on the lake.

I took the time to talk to many of them and no-one had caught anything.

So I didnt feel to bad.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don't feel bad ABA.

I personally have never fished there but from what I hear, one or two fish will cash a check there. LOTS of guys zero on Holloway.

Those are the rumors I hear anyway. Maybe someone else here has better input.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am determined to figure this lake out since it is only miles from my new house.

I went back out there today and again I got nothing.

I only spent about 2 hours there but I have to admit this lake has me somewhat stumped....... and yes I hit alot of them too.... this lake is way shallow guys beware!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
BISH! My Man!

(Don't they call it Bish Point now?)

As far as the day in the lake, our egos are safer if they don't come up here. What if they came up here and just brought in a boat load of toads! We'd all feel suicidal (other than Bish) and probably take up competitive crochet or something similarly sad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts