Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps I know that there are some homebrewers in this bunch besides myself. Lets have a tasting party, everyone bring a case, keg/partypig of your fav home brew and we can have some fun. We could even make it a LSCN home brew contest. I am willing to host it at Marks place. non brewers are also welcome as long as you like beer cause thats what is on the menu. I was thinking first week of December or so, that way we have time to brew.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What about Wine Making people??

Just bottled the wine from last year and going to get grapes this weekend for next year!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I've tried brewing with a beginners kit but each time it tastes like cider or beery-champagne. What am I doing wrong?

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wine would be good to, you guys have way more patiance than myself. I did make a mead once it killed me to wait 8 months. The more the merrier ok it will be a homade beer and Wine tasting party Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are quite a few things that can cause the cidery taste. One is using corn suger instead of all malt extract, sanitation shortcomings can also cause this as well as the yeast used. Goose if you would like to come by on a day that I brew my next batch I would be happy to show you my process for brewing. It is fairly easy and yeilds great results.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In fact if anyone would like to learn ho to homebrew the way I do it then pm me and we could have a class. Of course this does require you to drink beer while you are learning to make it

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm in. Let me know day, time & place.
Will be making a Hefe-Weizen, (SP?)
Only because I promised to make someone some for
X-Mas.

NoCode

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 26 2003, 08:12 AM)Hey peeps I know that there are some homebrewers in this bunch besides myself. Lets have a tasting party, everyone bring a case, keg/partypig of your fav home brew and we can have some fun. We could even make it a LSCN home brew contest. I am willing to host it at Marks place. non brewers are also welcome as long as you like beer cause thats what is on the menu. I was thinking first week of December or so, that way we have time to brew.
Great idea! Is there room enough at Mark's to make this a full-blown LSCN party? I should be good for two cornelius kegs. Maybe I'll do a special X-mas beer just for the party. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Oh, and I've got this recipe for blueberry wine! We'll have everyone falling down drunk!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Fatcat, we're in for sure! Just bought two new kits. An Octoberfest and an American Amber (which we've done before). Probably gonna start the Octoberfest this week (yes, I know, it won't be ready until November!
)

Hey, Garydebs is a BREW-MASTER!!! Like I told ya before, I'm in for whatever when it comes to homebrewin'!

Mirth, I'd dig some home-brewed wine!

Anyone do/done MEAD??!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i got nothing... but i wil drink! hee heE!

·
Registered
48 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Sep 28 2003, 08:31 PM)Anyone do/done MEAD??!!
I currently have 20 gallons in carboys and 3 cases bottled.

Prickly pear
Raspberry
Cherry
Blackberry
Honey

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got room for about 30-40 peeps, I am thinking Dec 13 or so. I will have two party pigs full at least. I am thinking of a Pale ale and maybe a Bitter.

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 30 2003, 11:21 AM)I got room for about 30-40 peeps, I am thinking Dec 13 or so. I will have two party pigs full at least. I am thinking of a Pale ale and maybe a Bitter.

What do you think about finding a larger location that could accomodate everyone? Can't volunteer my own place (living with parents), but probably wouldn't be hard to get someone to volunteer their home/ clubhouse for this worthy event.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hmm, sounds like a fantastic time. I don't brew but I do LOVE beer. My father used to brew, I was never a fan of anything he brought home. They all tasted the same to me.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Tesch @ Sep 29 2003, 08:49 AM)QUOTE(Campari @ Sep 28 2003, 08:31 PM) Anyone do/done MEAD??!!
I currently have 20 gallons in carboys and 3 cases bottled.

Prickly pear
Raspberry
Cherry
Blackberry
Honey
HOLY CRAP!

December 13th sounds good to me. 30-40 peeps should be enough room.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts