Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to look at updating my home audio system and was hoping for some opinions/suggestions.

I'm looking to get a new receiver and speakers (will continue to use Sony telvision, CD player, and DVD player). I'm open on the brand of speakers, but would like to stick with a Sony receiver (model ?).

Does anyone have a Bose Acoustimass speaker system (sub + satellites)? What do you think of them?

·
Registered
714 Posts
We have had bose but ,we upgraded to polk and they are awesome!!!!Go to ABC Warehouse and check them out!!!!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I have the Bose Acoustimass I think it's the 10600 (I can look and tell you) I have it running through an Onkyo receiver and Onkyo 6.1 dvd... I love it!! The surround effect is unreal, and just playing music is good. I did some research when I bought, and it's funny, people either LOVE Bose or HATE Bose... I have been very satisfied.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Infinity speakers are real good. I almost bought a pair. I do have an Infinity sub and its great! Check Circuit City for those.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have a dollar figure that you are looking to spend on the receiver and speakers??

There are literally thousands of speaker brands out there to choose from. Alot, comes down to personal preference in how each speaker presents the music.

I would start out with how much $$$$ you want to spend though.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd definitely like to stay under a grand. Forgot to mention that my main focus is for music (radio/CD) to sound good; surround (TV/DVD) is secondary.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I also have the bose system I love it to me the 3d spatial imaging is awsome. This is not even in surrond mode but regular stereo. Which in my opinion is the best way to listen to music. Best advice is to choose wisely your speakers as they will have the most effect on the sound of your system. The best way to judge is with your ears. Most similar priced speakers are about the same quality but they each have their own sound.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(EZC @ Jul 29 2003, 01:49 PM)surround (TV/DVD) is secondary.
Man! about 99% of my stereo use is for DVD. I rarely listen to CDs at home.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I've got the really small Bose Jewel cube speakers and sub on my boat and really love it. I think it's the lifestyle system or something like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too have the Bose Acoustimass 10 series I. They now have a series III. All I can say is everyone is impressed by my system. I have a Kenwood THX certified receiver and for movies it rocks. Music it works great unless you really crank it up, maybe the new series are better. Mine dosen't have a powered sub, but series II and III do. You will pay a lot, the new set is 1299.00 for the AM12 but the small size and huge sound is worth it.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
FROM THE MAN WHO ROCKS!
I PUMP 6000 WATTS OF TUBE CARVER AUDIO IN MY LIVING ROOM
JBL LOUDSPEAKERS & SUBS
CARVER SILVER SERIES SPEAKERS MIN. 1500 WATTS DEDICATED EACH

IT'S NOT ROCK & ROLL IF YOU CAN'T FEEL IT!

GO WITH A POWERED SPEAKER LIKE MACKIE.....CAN'T GO WRONG! POWER MACTHED TO THE SPEAKERS.....THEY ROCK! ALSO KEEPS THE HEAT DOWN!
ROCK ON!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 02:39 PM)Infinity speakers are real good. I almost bought a pair. I do have an Infinity sub and its great! Check Circuit City for those.
WORKS GREAT FOR A TV

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 29 2003, 01:10 PM)FROM THE MAN WHO ROCKS!
I PUMP 6000 WATTS OF TUBE CARVER AUDIO IN MY LIVING ROOM
JBL LOUDSPEAKERS & SUBS

IT'S NOT ROCK & ROLL IF YOU CAN'T FEEL IT!

GO WITH A POWERED SPEAKER LIKE MACKIE.....CAN'T GO WRONG! POWER MACTHED TO THE SPEAKERS.....THEY ROCK! ALSO KEEPS THE HEAT DOWN!
ROCK ON!
Sweet system I like the sound of tube amps. Tecnology is not allways better. Cds do not reproduce the music better than records

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 29 2003, 01:10 PM)I PUMP 6000 WATTS OF TUBE CARVER AUDIO IN MY LIVING ROOM
JBL LOUDSPEAKERS & SUBS

Show-off!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 29 2003, 02:10 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 02:39 PM) Infinity speakers are real good. I almost bought a pair. I do have an Infinity sub and its great! Check Circuit City for those.
WORKS GREAT FOR A TV

<_<

We can't ALL be you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(EZC @ Jul 29 2003, 03:19 PM)QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 29 2003, 01:10 PM) I PUMP 6000 WATTS OF TUBE CARVER AUDIO IN MY LIVING ROOM
JBL LOUDSPEAKERS & SUBS

Show-off!

E-BAY BABY......WORKED FOR ME!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(EZC @ Jul 29 2003, 03:19 PM)QUOTE(Taxman @ Jul 29 2003, 01:10 PM) I PUMP 6000 WATTS OF TUBE CARVER AUDIO IN MY LIVING ROOM
JBL LOUDSPEAKERS & SUBS

Show-off!

HA HA HA YOU ARE SO YOUNG......WAIT TILL YOUR OLD AND RICH!

I HAVE A DECADE OR TWO ON YOU!

YOU WILL CATCH UP!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'm afraid to mention what brand of speakers I DID get. They are good enough for me and that's all that matters.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 02:33 PM)I'm afraid to mention what brand of speakers I DID get. They are good enough for me and that's all that matters.

Spark-a-matic???

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 29 2003, 03:33 PM)I'm afraid to mention what brand of speakers I DID get. They are good enough for me and that's all that matters.

I HAVE A DECADE OR ON YOU AS WELL!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts