Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you may have your homeowners rolled into your house payment, but I have to pay mine out right bc I don't use escrow;

it went up $182 from last year... and that is with State farm with the auto on the same policy and SAVING $103....

WTF??

has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
mine rocketed too, i had three cars and home with allstate, my car insurance expires nov. 30 and i am switching to Liberty Mutual, supposedly get a UofM alumni discount, but anyway saving over a $100 a month from allstate

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I believe that started last year. Pretty much everyone at my work had there's go up some even doubled. Mine went up but I don't remember what it was right now.

G

·
Mine more than doubled last year. If any politicians ask me how I spent that great tax relief check last year I can say, "Well it almost covered the increase in my homeowners insurance." I haven't gotten my policy for next year yet, but my boat insurance went up about 40%. [email protected]! Time to shop around...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 13 2003, 10:00 AM)Many of you may have your homeowners rolled into your house payment, but I have to pay mine out right bc I don't use escrow;

it went up $182 from last year... and that is with State farm with the auto on the same policy and SAVING $103....

WTF??

has anybody else noticed this?
Yes!
We don't escrow either. Its worse here. We have to pay seperate flood & wind insurance as well as homeowners ins. The rates are skyrocketing!
We have to pay flood ins on the island!!!! <_< Flood? We don't have enough water to get the boats out of the boat house, but have to pay for flood!
grrrrr

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My homeowners insurance went up 39%... while my auto went up 27%

Crazy shiot!!!!! The insurance industry is out of control!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Well since I'm just getting home insurance for the first time I have no idea if rates have gone up here in Canada. I do know that my boat insurance is about 20% higher than my home insurance and it is worth 1/7th of the value. The car insurance is over triple my home insurance!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Just bought our house in June, so I am not sure if that is more that it would have been a year ago. Very happy with my rates though, have 2 cars, jewelry, house, and life all through Credit Union & AAA..no one could beat the rate!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just fired Allstate awile ago and went with State Farm.
Saved us around $1000.00 on homeowners and two cars.
Allstate had no excuse for raising my homeowners rate around $1000 bucks in 4 1/2 years. F-Them!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(WETBAR @ Nov 13 2003, 10:50 AM)Just fired Allstate awile ago and went with State Farm.
Saved us around $1000.00 on homeowners and two cars.
Allstate had no excuse for raising my homeowners rate around $1000 bucks in 4 1/2 years. F-Them!!!
we did the same thing with allstate, they suck!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Actually AAA did the same thing before I went to Allstate.
I think all the insurance company's do that. They get you signed up and raise the rates through the years. After about three years the amount gets to high and you have to change insurace again. Allstate was much cheaper than AAA five years ago but now State Farm is. At least for me. I'm sure in another few years I'll be shopping for insurace again!!

·
12,052 Posts
Join the club... House went up. Cars went up. Boat went up. Get the picture?

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
My insurance went up also for house and auto. I was with AAA (auto) for many years and recently switched everything to State Farm.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have AAA for my cars Van $583 full coverage for a full year
2001 cont. corvette $1286 puts me at $1869 for a full year. Haven't crashed a thing.

they give me the credit union 20% discount
safe driver discount
seat belt dicount
alarm discount
low milage discount
and ask for every dicount they add up
I also have the highest liability of $1,000,000

Home ins is a different story I have a home business

I have a 1983 377 scrabb it cost $997 for the full year can anyone beat the rate. I would love to change policies
first year was $695 then it went throught the roof

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
insurance companies raise no matter what.......
they always do, always will......
i haqve allstate..i call and bitch.....then say i am gonna cancel..then they look into it..come back and go ..owe wait we can do this.....and this....hows that...i go good.....but they always raise just hope you pay it.....
when you leave to go to someone eles...they get you in..and will raise your premiums just like all the others....

they are crooks.....how can 5 different companies be so different on their quotes for ther same coverage?

·
Registered
741 Posts
A good homeowners rep:
Sandy Meador
19587 Mack Avenue
Grosse Pointe Woods, Mi 48236
(313) 343-5600

She was really good for Laurie and me. We both liked her alot. She even came to our house and checked it out. I don't know if all State Farm agents do that but she was the first out of any company that did that. Very Cool!!

Tell her you where refered by me: David A. Kiefel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts