Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got this year's renewal bill in the mail for our homeowners insurance. Low and behold, even though we haven't ever made a claim, the premium went up by over 20%!
I'm with Citizens and the current police ends in about three weeks. Who has had luck with (and can afford) anyone else? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
We have amco it is through millenium insurance in sterling heights and ours didn't go up. we just renewed our policy in december. We have had the same amount for two years now. And they give us a discount cause we have our cars through them and do direct withdrawal every month from our bank account.

·
12,052 Posts
call Gerlach agency in Mt. clemens on Cass I believe. Many here use them. They shop it for the best deal. Very happy with the price I am paying!!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. We have citizens for the cars and the house. Right now I'm happy with both. I'll keep an eye out for my renewal.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
I am telling you, all insurance companies are one big money making JOKE!! Constantly raising rates. And it only leads the consumer to the agonizing pain of searching for another company to insure with. Are we the only country in the world that has to deal with this constant pain in the a$$ or what?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I have State Farm and it seems to go down every year.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have Allstate, agent is a "friend" (of a friend kind of, nice guy and makes a sh*tton of money - hmmm) - anyways, have the house, car, and boat so I do get multi-policy discounts. Car and house went up a bit last renewal, I was mad so I got about 8 quotes from everyone I could think of and no one could beat his prices - I was shocked but stayed with Allstate. It is ridiculous that the price goes up, NEVER had a price go DOWN for the same policy renewal in my life. It's getting to the point where the cost of the policy along with the super-high deductible I have to keep the price down is costing more than what they would cover (except a major thing like a fire or something) - what a RACKET! Wish I knew that 25 years ago, I'd be swimmin in dough! lol

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
It is a racket. Dad shopped his AAA a couple years ago and chopped his bill in HALF with same or better coverage through Citizens! Was with them from day one too! I've shopped my auto ins the last couple years and it turns into a game. Started with AAA and went to Citizens. After Citizens started creeping up I went back to AAA. No more benefits for loyalty I guess. I'll have to watch my homeowners when that comes due.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.