Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Wings & Avs play during the day Saturday (the 14th), but there is more going on in the Motor City metropolis thereafter...well into the wee hours of the 15th. Do the ladies really enjoy the day more than us? Is it better to receive than to give? (Not that they don't also give)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not to be a bummer here, but I wouldn't know since I'm not into the celebration.

If you do have to celebrate V-day, then it should be an equal participation type of thing, not more one side or the other. So, if you want to see the game, then you'll have to do something she wants to do unless she wants to go to see the game! Just my .02

BTW - women get into this "holiday" way more than men do in my observation, seems like women may get more out of it, but men have to put more into it. Again, just my .02

Enjoy the day!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Feb 12 2004, 05:30 PM)Not to be a bummer here, but I wouldn't know since I'm not into the celebration.

BTW - women get into this "holiday" way more than men do in my observation.

Enjoy the day!
Thanks for the input, Ladybug. I kind of thought off top of my head it more favored the ladies (not looking real deep into the benefits we as men get in return). Is it religious creed you don't celebrate V-Day? Any others don't celebrate???and why not????

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Think its a holiday created by hallmark and florist.. just watching tv i saw a commercial saying buy your wife or lover a diamond..

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think it's a holiday created to totally suck... cause thats what it does. It sucks

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't care for the "holiday" much myself. Seems kinda stupid. It's just a tool for us to spend money on overpriced flowers that just die in a week anyway and jewelry wich is completely retarded priced. Feel bad for the guys. Whens the last Valentine's day you got roses or jewelry? Not that you'd want it, but it seems all the marketing is for the man to buy the woman stuff. Not the other way around. The stores should have like a Valentine's fishing or boating equipment sale. Commercials- Yes Honey it's Valentine's day give him something he wants Muskie lewers! Or how about - Show your man you really love him buy him a box of Trojans and let him know you love him all night long! Aim some of the marketing at the women! Our guys deseverve it! Balance it out a bit .

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(The Warden @ Feb 12 2004, 10:23 PM)Or how about - Show your man you really love him buy him a box of Trojans and let him know you love him all night long!
Just seen that commercial on channel 5! It was for Trojans for Valentines Day!

Wish I could use them!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Baaahummmbuuugggg! If I want flowers, jewelry or anything else I'll buy it myself! This is so a typical hallmark holiday. They jack (pun intended, hehe) up the prices for flowers just for the day! That's wrong.......just like when they jack up gas prices for the weekend.

Just give your special someone a special kiss in their favorite place......that will earn more brownie points

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I, for one, can appreciate your ladies' honesty (as well as the guys that peeped in). I see another post asking how many will be alone for V-Day...getting a lot more responses. It has become ridiculously commercial... even my favorite florist almost doubles their rose prices. SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I always looked forward to Valentines day. I loved to give my S/O some thing special, and all I expected in return was a nice card!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(afiremen @ Feb 13 2004, 10:51 AM)I always looked forward to Valentines day. I loved to give my S/O some thing special, and all I expected in return was a nice card!

And I believe that is the first reward we, as men, receive. Being able to show the woman we love that we love her...in however small (or big) of a way is itself gratifying.

·
Registered
843 Posts
QUOTE(The Warden @ Feb 12 2004, 10:23 PM)Don't care for the "holiday" much myself. Seems kinda stupid. It's just a tool for us to spend money on overpriced flowers that just die in a week anyway and jewelry wich is completely retarded priced. Feel bad for the guys. Whens the last Valentine's day you got roses or jewelry? Not that you'd want it, but it seems all the marketing is for the man to buy the woman stuff. Not the other way around. The stores should have like a Valentine's fishing or boating equipment sale. Commercials- Yes Honey it's Valentine's day give him something he wants Muskie lewers! Or how about - Show your man you really love him buy him a box of Trojans and let him know you love him all night long! Aim some of the marketing at the women! Our guys deseverve it! Balance it out a bit .
You've said it all.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I guess in my house it is a religion. We don't celebrate V-day or Sweetest Day. Hallmark holi's and no point. If I want something special I either buy it for myself or tell him what I want and he takes care of me anytime of the year! I love it!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think the guys make out...Last year Ed ran to the store and grabbed something for me really quick, and I planned a whole romantic night with dinner, champagne, sexy outfit, chocolate covered strawberries from godiva...the rest may not fall into the PG 13 rating area..
Yes, this year he took me to South Beach for a long weekend for my valentines day gift..so this year I win...but he doesn't know it, but the masseuse will be over the house first thing tomorrow morning to give him his valentines day massage. Then later we are having a lovely surf & turf & champagne dinner. Sounds like a great day doesn't it??

The way I look at it is....life gets really busy and sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses...Valentines day is a reminder to do that!

For the record - If you are against hallmark holidays, then don't buy anything from hallmark, and don't buy flowers...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Feb 13 2004, 03:50 PM)I think the guys make out...Last year Ed ran to the store and grabbed something for me really quick, and I planned a whole romantic night with dinner, champagne, sexy outfit, chocolate covered strawberries from godiva...the rest may not fall into the PG 13 rating area..
Yes, this year he took me to South Beach for a long weekend for my valentines day gift..so this year I win...but he doesn't know it, but the masseuse will be over the house first thing tomorrow morning to give him his valentines day massage. Then later we are having a lovely surf & turf & champagne dinner. Sounds like a great day doesn't it??

The way I look at it is....life gets really busy and sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses...Valentines day is a reminder to do that!

For the record - If you are against hallmark holidays, then don't buy anything from hallmark, and don't buy flowers...

I agree. Its not about buying anything, just a reminder to take a day & do something special with someone you love. Life can get complicated & busy. Sometimes there needs to be a "reason" to just enjoy each other in a special way.

That being said. We are going to spend the day on Ft Myers beach ($7 to park no biggie) Hold hands walking on the beach. Going to dinner, a club & spending the night at a hotel in Ft Myers (cheaper than a dui)

No Hallmark, just a reason to take a day off & smell the roses..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Feb 13 2004, 03:50 PM)I think the guys make out...Last year Ed ran to the store and grabbed something for me really quick, and I planned a whole romantic night.
Shouldn't this be MONEYSHOT II???

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(xtctherapy.phil @ Feb 13 2004, 04:15 PM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Feb 13 2004, 03:50 PM) I think the guys make out...Last year Ed ran to the store and grabbed something for me really quick, and I planned a whole romantic night.
Shouldn't this be MONEYSHOT II???
He's not on the board!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts