Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little over the top when it comes to hot sauces and spicy foods. Almost a little masochistic some might say.

So, it's freaking raining, there is nothing to do (except clean out my closet, but that can wait), so I made some egg salad, made a sandwich, and smothered it in some El Yucateco Green Habenero Sauce Not too hot, but yummy!!

So who else has a liking for a really good, not available at your local Kroger, real hot sauce.

I always like to try new ones, so I figured I would see what else everybody here has tried/likes.

Here are a few of my favorites, some of the names out there are funny!!

Baboon A$ Gone Rabid
Analize This - Really Good Garlic Sauce
Miss Anna's - Has some Curry in it that is REALLY good!!

So what ya got? Or am I in this thread all by myself????

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I stick to Frank's Red Hot. I put it on everything. I like flavor with a little bit of heat. I don't understand the real hot sauce eaters. I've tried it, and it's just not my thing.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 8 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As for all around Chalula or Chalula with garlic. For pasta and rice Tiger sauce, and heat and heat alone pure capsasin

I forgot about Chalula. That is great on burritos.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Kroger used to carry the "Screamin' Guy" sauce - it had no name so that's what my wife and I called it. It came in three heats, each one with a different guy on the label, obviously in pain, kinda like this: Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Electric blue Vehicle Gas

Even the least hot was brutal; haven't seen it around lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Only one place to get my favorite hot sauce:
4242 W. Vernor, skip the mild stuff and go right for the hot.
I don't know what all the put in it, but there is some sort of habit forming stuff in there?
After a few tortillas with sauce, just open your mouth, tap your ear and you can blow smoke rings

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
For heat it's Dave's Insanity.

For flavor it's the homemade stuff.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I love hot spicy food, so this topic is a good one! Thai, Indian Food, lots of curry's, Susci with a pile af wasabe... I love it all! I''ve never found a Hot sauce that does it for me though... But i've got 3 things to mention for spicy food lovers!

1. I love hot wings, but i never get them, cuz they never have good ones anywhere i go.... Except for Union Street station downtown on woodward near the wayne street campus. They have the best wings i've ever eaten, big & meaty, & so hot that people at the table next to you, will complain of thier eyes are burning, ( dont lauch that happened), the people moved tables) but the flavor is so good, you cant put them down!! They also have dragon eggs, which is like a scottish egg dipped in the same rasta sauce. Not for the faint of heart! Great resteraunt, great atmosphere, great food, 100's of beers, art deco look, & decent prices. www.unionstreetdetroit.com

2. Colemans English Mustard. Its a true mustard, & is much like wasabe in how it takes your breath awaywhen you eat it. I tried every kind of spicy mustard, brown mustard, Jalapeno mustard there is & none of them were much for flavor, but this colmans is the one! Its just a yellow mustard, but not watered down for the american tastebuds.... I found this in London at a rugby match, when i loaded a hot dog with what i thought was yellow musard, & me eyelids curled back... Its great on a sandwich, gives it a kick like no spice or hot sauce ever could, but the right kind of kick, not just hot for the sake of hot, its also great on flavor... you can find it in the imported foods section at Meijers, in the british foods section & at trader Joes. $3 a bottle, try it, & you'll know why mustard gas is a chemical weapon! www.colmansmustard.com

3. Whenever i get thai food, i order an extra little container of that red curry powder of love they use, & i mix that lava dust in some hot sause & cover full size chicken breasts with it & bbq it.... Full size Thai cutty chicken breasts!!! So Good! I made my neighbors son cry when he ate a bite... I cant find a powder at any store that matches what the thai resteraunts use so this is my secret way to get it!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(garry454 @ Aug 8 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and smothered it in some El Yucateco Green Habenero Sauce Not too hot, but yummy!!

Thats good stuff. Just right for me, a little kick but not over the top.

Hopefully Mohawk chimes in, he gets this dried pepper stuff that OMG is it hot!!! I used to put a little, very little, in an omelet and wow!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We get our thai up at Lil Thai Express on Gratiot, and she knows that when we order extra hot, to make it smoke!!! We always get the little tub too, just in case!! But they make great food up there.

But I agree, there is no good in a sauce that is just heat, I want great flavor too!!

I'm not above begging for a splash back on the throne the next day!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts