Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Me & the family went up to my In-Law's place in Houghton Lake from Tues night thru Sat. My son & I got about an hour & half of fishing in before dinner on Wed. & managed 9 or 10 perch (nothing bigger than 6") in 6.5 to 8 fow on minnows & wax worms.

Thurs we fished from noon until 3 & got 3 sub legal walleye jigging with a Bros Bug tipped with wax worms & a Lindy Darter (8 fow). We also got 2 hammer handles on tip-ups (8 fow). The wind was too bad for us to fish out in the open on Fri & Sat so I sat my fat arse on the couch & watched TV.

Ice was 8" to 10". I did see 2 cars on the ice on the south shore when I drove by. Not much snow on the ice.

My son's first walleye through the ice.

Here's a video of one of the hammer handles. This video won't win an Academy Award for Best Cinematography but it's good enough for government work.

Oops! Sorry the video stopped working. Here's the link: http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/zibj...¤t=HLKTipUp.flv

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
nice

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jan 2 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job all the way around.....What was on the tube?

It's a little video of my son pulling in a pike on the tip-up. The video stopped working again. Might be something wrong with Photobucket or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jan 2 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me & the family went up to my In-Law's place in Houghton Lake from Tues night thru Sat. My son & I got about an hour & half of fishing in before dinner on Wed. & managed 9 or 10 perch (nothing bigger than 6") in 6.5 to 8 fow on minnows & wax worms.

Thurs we fished from noon until 3 & got 3 sub legal walleye jigging with a Bros Bug tipped with wax worms & a Lindy Darter (8 fow). We also got 2 hammer handles on tip-ups (8 fow). The wind was too bad for us to fish out in the open on Fri & Sat so I sat my fat arse on the couch & watched TV.

Ice was 8" to 10". I did see 2 cars on the ice on the south shore when I drove by. Not much snow on the ice.

Here's a video of one of the hammer handles. This video won't win an Academy Award for Best Cinematography but it's good enough for government work.

Oops! Sorry the video stopped working. Here's the link: http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/zibj...¤t=HLKTipUp.flv

could i ask where you were fishing? I understand if you dont want to tell me haha! i was out saturday winds were awful! fished behing pressure crack pub! saw a few other pull up some eyes and i lost one!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great job, Mike. That grin on his face says it all.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice! Tell him he has caught more walleyes through the ice than I have now!

Houghton is a great lake, possibly my favorite inland lake.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(gutfish? @ Jan 3 2010, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could i ask where you were fishing? I understand if you dont want to tell me haha! i was out saturday winds were awful! fished behing pressure crack pub! saw a few other pull up some eyes and i lost one!

We were fishing East Bay out from Old Trail. My In-law's house is on Old Trail & Quite Court. We walk out from the end of Quite Court. Had I gotten the snowmobile ready I would have fished the Middle Grounds. We had the area all to ourselves as there's usually no one fishing that area. The area we got the walleye & pike has a nice size weed bed in the summer & the area we got the perch has a nice bottom transition from sand to gravel to mud. I can give you exact locations in a PM if you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jan 2 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me & the family went up to my In-Law's place in Houghton Lake from Tues night thru Sat. My son & I got about an hour & half of fishing in before dinner on Wed. & managed 9 or 10 perch (nothing bigger than 6") in 6.5 to 8 fow on minnows & wax worms.

Very nice. Its only the beggining for the little guy. From the look on his face he too will hopefully be addicted to the great pleasures of ice fishing. Especially for eyes. Kinda reminds me of myself when i was a youngster and thanks to my gramps he fed my addiction. God rest his soul. Good job little man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts