Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it! It's KMart!

They said it was for "Sloppy register operations" because I have been short on several occasions. I was like well the reason I have so many shortages is because I've worked here for a year and a half!

I was competent, I could help the customers with anything, and I was always productive I never slacked off. They timed our rings per minute like we were machines so I kept my rings per minute in the eighteen range when the store average was twelve and the corporate goal was sixteen.

What pisses me off the most is that every time I was told that my register was short I was never explained why or how to fix it. My last shortage which was the straw on the camels back was for ninety dollars which I was told could have been either WIC or bottle slips. How the hell could I raise that much money in either one to begin with let alone lose it??? That just dosent happen! I think they are making stuff up

Whatever I'll quit being a downer now and shut up

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The last time I was fired from a job I shook the boss'es hand and said nice to work with you and it's about time you got rid of me.

Kidding - fired on my day off - when I hurt my foot back in August.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
sorry to hear that cassie. hopefully you can find something else. maybe target. then you get discounts at marshall fields!!!

i've been fired too. i think we all have. i got fired for taking time off to take care of a sick kid.

it can only get better

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
hang in there cassie things work out like that for a reason everytime i have been laid off the next job turned out to be better,anyways....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Hell, my brother used to "borrow" all sorts of stuff from K-Mart when he worked there and never got fired.

Try Wal*Mart.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That sucks man

I was once fired for

"engaging in activity not in the best interest of the company"

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sorry to hear this, Cassie
It's the bummer of having someone else come grab your cash drawer and balance you out. Does anybody else use your register on your shift or even before or after you are there? It could be them with the shortages and you are the goat <_<

When you work at a bank, you cash out and balance your own drawer...then the head teller balances the whole bank. You never let anybody else in your drawer unless it's the head teller and you are watching her/him.

I'm sure you'll find something else soon.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Dec 30 2003, 06:56 PM)QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Dec 30 2003, 06:52 PM) "engaging in activity
first thing to pop in my cheap little brain is s#x

ding ding ding ding

We have a winner.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Dec 30 2003, 07:04 PM)QUOTE(threecrabs @ Dec 30 2003, 06:56 PM) QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Dec 30 2003, 06:52 PM) "engaging in activity
first thing to pop in my cheap little brain is s#x

ding ding ding ding

We have a winner.

lol
Awww! Who was the lucky kitty???

Actually I'm thinking I'm going to try at Meijer to make some money for the moment. I'm working on finding a real job, but I don't expect to get it immediately. The good news is that I don't work tonight so I can go to TNT's!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
BOYCOTT KMART!!!!!

Wait, I don't shop there anyways!

You should get a job at TARGET!! I like Target.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sorry about that Cassie!! Kmart Sucks!!!
Evil Shot Girl was one of the last to get cut by there corporate building two Augusts ago. Almost all her friends at Kmart were also let go because crooked management. But we look at it as a blessing and just move on. They were always laying off or firing someone the entire eight years she worked there.

Maybe you could collect unemployment and find an under the table job somewhere??! If you can - that would be my advice. At least for awile.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
YAH!! My company just hired some of that lovely management. and they are as bad as I thought.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Hang in there Cassie, things will get better!

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Cassie,
I don't know you, but just so you know, I heard through some other people that that is the way they get rid of the holiday help. Since the holidays are over instead of laying them and having them collect unemployment. You might want to look into it. Tell them you want a copy of your personell (did I spell that right?) file to review and tell them you are filing for unemployment and see what they say. Good timing on their part right after the Holidays.

Just a thought

Sue

1 - 20 of 39 Posts