Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have degrees and various licences and certifications and I had plenty of jobs in the past but I just can't find my nack. I love being a massage therapist and helping people but it is not keeping me buisy enough and I love My Mary Kay job but I feel as if I need something esle in life to keep me buisy don't know wha it is. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
monster.com?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Coast Guard Auxillary! J/K, Sorry, I'm still in recruiter mode. Good luck in your search, I feel the same way sometimes.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Have you concidered Pysical Therepy......It kinda goes with Message Therepy...... I had a therepist one time just starting and she worked with me on my back problems...Her knowledge of message was huge in helping my pain...

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
why don't you try to get a steady clientelle for personal training, i thought amy said you were into that

it's tough getting it started though

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
a dependent, either a child, or a pet, or a demending volunteer gig.

I vote for a child, those are soo cool. I've seen them save more lives ruin. Talk to any of the parents here.

If you don't want to take that big of a step, get a puppy.

If that's too much, volunteer at a shelter or suicide call center -- either one of those will put a huge perspective on YOUR value just as a compassionate human.

The more that you give away, the more you will feel that you have. <-- Al Philosophy

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
girl, i felt the same way during nov/dec. kinda bored, kinda unintrigued with everything. i was in this rut and i hated it! i was BORED!!!!!!!!

new year, new ideas. then i got a brainstorm for a challange and jumped right in: wedding planning!

take your love of what you do and implement it elsewhere for a challange! you can do it! just try it!
give it a shot! ya never know until you try!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
There is a test you can take that can help you. I can't remember the name of it, but you answer a bunch of questions about yourself and the computer pops out a bunch of professions that you might like. Does anyone know the name of this? I know at colleges you can get it in the library I think, you probably can find it on the web these days though..

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
My co-workers brother-in-law teaches classes in massage therapy and other types of massage.. Why not try starting up your own type of school teaching others. When he holds a class whoever wants to learn the art of massage therapy has to bring along another person to work on... Just a though! :>)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 9 2004, 12:50 PM)There is a test you can take that can help you. I can't remember the name of it, but you answer a bunch of questions about yourself and the computer pops out a bunch of professions that you might like. Does anyone know the name of this? I know at colleges you can get it in the library I think, you probably can find it on the web these days though..
MOIS - There are all sorts of different types an they all produce different results. Oakland University has a really good one.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
red cross needs voulnteers. flexible hours.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jan 9 2004, 11:46 AM)a dependent, either a child, or a pet, or a demending volunteer gig.

I vote for a child, those are soo cool. I've seen them save more lives ruin. Talk to any of the parents here.

If you don't want to take that big of a step, get a puppy.

If that's too much, volunteer at a shelter or suicide call center -- either one of those will put a huge perspective on YOUR value just as a compassionate human.

The more that you give away, the more you will feel that you have. <-- Al Philosophy
I like your ideas the thoughts have crossed my mind

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jan 9 2004, 11:50 AM)There is a test you can take that can help you. I can't remember the name of it, but you answer a bunch of questions about yourself and the computer pops out a bunch of professions that you might like. Does anyone know the name of this? I know at colleges you can get it in the library I think, you probably can find it on the web these days though..
Yes, I know I took it at macomb community college it didn't help me any or anyone else that I knew that took it.
Thank you anyway

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
kat just remember along your path of life. where ever you go, there you are... if you feel like you are at a dead end street, you usually are. throw your life in reverse, back up as far as you need to, and go like hell the other way.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Jan 10 2004, 07:29 PM)kat just remember along your path of life. where ever you go, there you are... if you feel like you are at a dead end street, you usually are. throw your life in reverse, back up as far as you need to, and go like hell the other way.
Kat, Pandora is right. Just go with what you feel.. if its not working you can change direction at anytime. Don't try & "set your life in stone" go for what feels right... you can move and change at anytime. Life is too short to worry about carving yourself in stone. You can be whatever you want when ever you want.

At 45, I can still do anything... enjoying where I am & who I am. But I can be anything I want ...tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
hey sunbums be all you can be...

i know youy guys know how to do it the right way...

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Jan 10 2004, 08:00 PM)hey sunbums be all you can be...

i know youy guys know how to do it the right way...
Its all about being happy where you are.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is definately a tough road and I've been down it. I did a ton of research which didn't provide squat. So then I just let things go for awhile. I'd think about it from time to time, but didn't press myself to come up with a solution right now. After about 6 months I came to a better idea of what I wanted and started to bounce it off of people whose opinions I respect. When I finally made my decision I dove in, but I took my time and really looked inside to find the answer. That's really where the answer is and only when you decide what it is you need you'll find your happiness.

However, Pandora is absolutely right, if you started heading somewhere you don't want to be, just back up and take another path!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts