Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who are or have been in love, what is your opinion about how long it actually takes before you know you love someone??

I debated this topic with a friend. She believes it takes 6 months to a year to be in true love, anything sooner is LUST.

What is your opinion??

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
the heart knows no time limit or time frame. it just happens.

BUT there is a differnce between love and lust.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Nov 21 2003, 04:07 PM)6-8 beers...

LMAO!!!!!!!

A crush can happen in just a few beers. ha ha or minutes,

But adult relationship love takes a while. Months or maybe years.

Mad Humping Dirty love any where from a few beers to a few days.

WHY? Who gotcha so Giddy?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i remember the first time i laid eyes on danimal. i was just hired on as the promo director of the hayloft (mar 01) and it was my first night in there. no one knew who i was cause i was to spy on the staff and see how the acted, etc, and i was with the girl from the emerald theatre who was introducing me. well, i remember walking into the main room where the bands were playing and there was this HUGE guy in the main aisle looking at the stage and twisting the cap on the waterbottle in his hand. i was like, "DAMN!" just from his profile. when he turned to look at me, he turned slowly, looked back at the stage,then just about snapped his neck to do a double take of me. from the look on his face i knew he thought the same.

when ya ask him how we met, he tells the same story complete with his own 'DAMN!'

i flirted with him for, like, 5 months before i finally asked HIM out. lol. he's really, REALLY shy.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
37+ years

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
i don't think you can put any time restaints on love... period. It just varies. Sometimes you move too fast, and it wasn't meant to be... sometimes you wait for a very long time... and it still wasn't meant to be...

And sometimes it just is meant to be ... regardless of time.

Undoubtedly, the longer you are with someone, you may find out that you may/may not be compatible ... but to me, that doesn't negate what your heart feels ...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I believe there is a song that says "It only takes a minute to fall in love" IMO there is no time limit I believe it can happen in an instant. when you feel your heart flutter everytime you think of them, you can't wait till the next time you talk to them/see them, when you look into their eyes and you feel like you are looking right into their soul, when you feel a pit in your stomach at the thought of never having them in your life.

It's kind of hard thing to explain I think you know when you know it's not based on any timeframe........

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ Nov 21 2003, 04:38 PM)The first time I laid eyes on her, I was in love!!! Here is a pic. I was heart broken when she left me. I'm still not the same.

Talk about LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Don't listen to other peoples BS. Be true to yourself. Opinions are like a--holes-- we all have em and they all stink. Your own is just a little more palatable to you than others.

Anyone giving you their own advice, especially if it is negative, is basing it on their own experiences which are probably based on failure. Worry about yourself. If everyone in the world was more concerned about dealing with their own lives instead of trying to offer advice about everything the world would be a better place. You're happy now, tell them to get over it and deal with their own life. It just means you won't be able to sit and commiserate with them in a bar over redwine bitching about how rotten men as a gender are.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
jere, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Nov 21 2003, 04:38 PM)The first time I laid eyes on her, I was in love!!! Here is a pic. I was heart broken when she left me. I'm still not the same.

Hate to tell you this bro, but thats a DUDE!!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sure hope no one actually wishes for me to be unhappy. I just hate when my feelings are minimized because of the time period I have know a person.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

jere, thats a HOT pic of you! DAMN!!!

xxxox

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
as long as it takes to see her bank account, or her daddy's bank account.....

oooooooops ! sorry Blondesteak...i am just messin around....

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Nov 21 2003, 04:27 PM)37+ years

Funny Laney.

Good question Linda. Lord knows I've been in enough long relationships. Probably been in love in all of them.

Here's a new twist, how long does it take to fall in love with the RIGHT one?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(BlondeStreak @ Nov 21 2003, 04:45 PM)I sure hope no one actually wishes for me to be unhappy. I just hate when my feelings are minimized because of the time period I have know a person.
Girls asking for info not pics of cars. On topic!!

I know who your talking about L and you tell her that she should keep those crappy opinions to herself. You've been through the fire and know exactly what you want. If she wants to date bums and continue to get used like a piece of trash that's her problem. I agree, it sucks to have your opinion minimized.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Nov 21 2003, 04:52 PM)You've been through the fire and know exactly what you want.
That is why I said 37+ years
I believe that you can love MANY people in MANY different ways, at many different levels...lust, love, in love....NEED ALL OF THOSE TOGETHER and I believe that comes once in a lifetime.....37+ years later, I finally know exactly what I want.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Dunno, sometimes it seems as though instantly, and sometimes it takes years, and some times---------------- it's illusory

Go with traveler's thing and be true to yourself

1 - 20 of 54 Posts