Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
How many peeps are praying for a miracle by spring? Just ran out of unemployement this week with no immediate prospects in spite of six months of job hunting. Beacon Cove called last week and asked if I was going to renew my rack storage for 2004. Had to tell the nice lady things were not looking good. No more extensions on unemployment. George says things are fine, no one needs help. GM is sending the work to India that we used to do here in SE MI. Could be a Toyota in my future. Could also be a shopping cart and a new home under the bridge on Groesbeck. If the job market doesn't improve soon, I'm going to have to start walking away from things, the boat will be the first thing I look at over my shoulder. Been boating for thirty five years, I'm going to miss it!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I'm right there with you. I have a bit more unemployment and a part time job teaching that will hopefully turn into something and Dolphin that I am trying to push really hard, but soon enough, if one of those two don't produce I will be in the same boat. Please excuse the pun. I know of at least another four on this site too.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i don't have a boat, but i hear ya! i'll be right next to you under that bridge on groesbeck!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
it is hard to think about not having a boat, that to me just wouldn't seem right. i have had a boat ever since my dad sold his when i was 19. just remember, you will always have a friend with a boat. i am not sure if we have even met yet but if you are forced to give up your boat, look me up we always have room for friends.

·
12,052 Posts
What was it you did again storm? You told me a while ago, but I forgot.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, Hammer, good to hear from you. I was the Systems Engineering Manager for ISI Robotics. Worked there for eighteen years. Downsized in 2000. Safety Engineer for the US Army at TACOM for two years and then Senior Process Engineer at Fanuc Robotics for three months. They failed to receive anticipated contracts and I was laid off in July. Can't seem to buy a job in this town anymore. Gotta run, have a formal dinner to attend and need to work on positive attitude.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Storm, I hope your ship comes in real soon and you get that dream job. Could you down size for now? Maybe a jet boat
they are always fun.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Hey Storm,
Sorry to hear you havn't found anything yet.
Unfortunately the cube you sat in at FRA must be cursed. There is a contract designer there and his position is now teetering on whether or not we get certain jobs... or so I hear over the wall.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Spacelord! Is that you Todd?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is the best info I've been able to find on the extension of unemployment benefits. It's not encouraging.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jan 25 2004, 11:39 AM)I have a good feeling about 2004 ... hang tight everyone, it'll all turn around!
I have a good feeling about this year too! With the stock market finally coming around and all. '04 should be our best year for building new construction too. Our sales are higher compared to last year at this time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that interest rates stay low and the same with fuel prices.... well fuel prices can never be low enough as far as I'm concerned. I'd be happy if they didn't go up any higher than where they are at now.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, after looking at the link canadiangirl posted, it seems that if you're elgible for extended benefits it's a matter of don't call us we'll call you. If you run out of regular benefits, they automatically contact you. If they don't, you're out of beer.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
storm.... there is an online form to fill out for extension... I would go ahead a fill it out regardless of whether or not they have contacted you.... nothing to lose really but a few minutes of your time!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll give it a shot. The one thing I have plenty of is time!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Storm, I hear you... I have been out since May with unemployment coming to an end. Job outlook is bleak to say the least. If I am not working when the boat goes in the water, it goes in with a For Sale on it. Like you said some things have to go..

Good luck in your search I empathize with you..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts