Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I have no one in my life, all though I was working on it, but I don't know where it is going, if any where at all! But at least I will have friends!
It looks like I will be spending it alone!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't feel bad bud..... I'll be bartending. Nothing exciting over here.... but then again, maybe some really hot girl will wanna take me home.... prob not

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'm really never "alone" w/ 3 kids in the house but to answer your question....YES- I'm w/o a significant other for Valentines Day but I'm ok with it ....my time will come

I do have my kids w/ me this weekend & they have friends spending the nite on Saturday so I'll be plenty distracted w/ a house full of girls.

hang in there afireman- all good things come to those who wait

·
Registered
206 Posts
me too afireman. thats the way it goes sometimes. better days ahead.

·
12,052 Posts
Yeah, don't sweat it bra!!

ll_l go shock someone

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Feb 12 2004, 10:22 PM)Just another Hallmark holiday...

WDYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I will be spending it with some other single friends at a Anti-Valentine party. lol.

nothing like good company and a good bottle of Pinot Noir right?

first time in 6 years that i'll be 'single' on this holiday.

Hmmmm

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
My daughter will be without a boyfriend this year, but she's heading out with her sorority sisters to go and party somewhere..

My wife and I are heading over to my 93 year old Dad's apartment to spread some love and joy to him and his girlfriend.. Bringing a cake and goodies for the 2 of them...

Then we're off to a dinner for the 2 of us...

Hang in there afireman... Things will get better... :>)

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
PF!!!

Your 93 Year Old grandfather has a GIRLFRIEND???

How cute is that??

Really, now how do you date at that age?? How did they meet? How long have they been an item??

Curious pauligan's want to know.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 13 2004, 08:46 AM)PF!!!

No, its his DAD it says.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I will be spending it without my hubby, but with my bestest friend
So all is good. Looking forward to the day!!

PF- you rock!! that is very dewl you are going to visit your dad and his gf.... way to cute that he has a girlfriend at 90sumpin'!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
While I don't have a "special" person to share the day it doesn't really bother me at all....just another day. If anything looking forward to the Wings game.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Damm i hope my plumbing still works when iam 90 something hop on it grand ma ,,

fire man ur are not going to meet anyone sitting in front of your tv set. unless it the pizza delivery girl. come on out with us tonight.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 13 2004, 08:46 AM)PF!!!

How cute is that??

Really, now how do you date at that age?? How did they meet? How long have they been an item??

Curious pauligan's want to know.
Okay Ms P... I will tell you and only you the story.. No one else can read this,, haha
Years ago my Dad was retired and use to manage apartments from 1973 unti maybe 10 years ago until the owners told him that he was too old and they asked him to leave. We got him into a senior apartment complex located on Eastland 3 blocks west of Gratiot and maybe 2 blocks north of 12 mile. When I was moving him in all of the ladies there looked at him like he was a meat market.. Honest.. It was so cute to see.. Well, he met his lady friend June there a few weeks later and they hit it off and fell in love.. My Dad is now 93 and his ladyfriend June is 76 I think.. I always tell him that he's robbing the cradle.
Ever since June and my Dad have been an item for the past 10 years they have come out to my house and have used my back acre for creating their own flower garden as well as me making them a 25 X 25 foot garden for their vegetables. They come out to our place usually 5 days a week , mess with their flowers, eat lunch like a picnic and enjoy the time away from their apartments. This goes on until it gets too cold for them to sit out.. They have a key for my house and if no one is home, they let out 2 dogs out to play with them..
Here's the kicker... My Dad still drives the car each day... He's sharp as a tack and has all his marbles.. A little hard of hearing in one ear.. Uses a cane and he says that he still thinks like he was 21 years old only his body doesn't agree with what he physically wants to do..
How do they date at that age??? It's really funny to see.. They sit in the sun, hold hands, put suntan lotion on each other and let their feet touch.. They take care of each other at their apartment sharing the cooking, cleaning and so on. One night they stay at his apartment and then another at hers and so on... Their probably the talk of the complex with all of the other old ladies watching..
Don't ever give up hope on love... It doesn't matter how old you are... It's always possible that there is someone waiting for you at any age..I hope that you enjoy the story.... :>)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I will driving the bus Saturday night for a birthday party and was thinking of grabbing the bus early, driving to a bar near were the party starts and watching the Wings game.

Who wants to join me?

Party pick-up is around 9- Gratiot.

Actually it doesn't matter were I watch the game.

Any suggestions?

My cell phone is now on give me a ring 586-944-3645

Have to leave in a minute to go help dean clean and fix the bus from last weekend.

One of the bus riders Saturday night broke the toilet.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Taking my daughters and evil Mark to the Redwings game. Hanging out with them, bought a cake and nice VD day cards. Trying to make it special for the ones who care for me unconditionally!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts