Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really pushing for it yet, but with how summers been so far. I just picked up my new yamaha rx last weekend and was wondering how many of you ride snowmobiles and where you ride. I've got a cabin in Grayling so me and the fam. are up there every weekend in the winter so long as there's snow. Ive got the new rx
, a 700sx, and a phazer.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Sledder, born and raised! All Yammy's '97 700sx, '93 Vmax4 800, '91 Phazer and Looking to pick up the New RX this year, depending on cash flow...
Cabin is on Perry Lake, Just north of Mio between Mio & Fairview

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
My family has been long time snowmobilers, but have kinda got out of it the last few years. Too many injuries/deaths & close calls. Used to have enclosed/heated Wells-Cargo w/4 sleds. Now, just have one Arctic Cat 580EXT-EFI. Found it's easier & cheaper to rent when we go up!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ride out of Kalkaska. Picked up a 600 MXZ last winter. Hopefully we'll have another winter like last. Got lots or riding in. The rx. Thats the new 4 stroker? Seen a tubocharged one last year. Like the dual exhaust.... Nice sled. Lots of power. Who know maybe we'll run into you at Dingman's

Mark

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I like a little blasteroo

I'll race ya ~ Heck I'll race any Yamaha

The BIG "Y"

Y can't I sell it
Y won't it start
Y does it choke out

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(MisterD @ Aug 16 2004, 02:29 PM)Who know maybe we'll run into you at Dingman's

Mark
spent many a foolish nights at dingmans

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hey Conquest...CONGRATS on the new RX1...I purchased mine last year...what a ride! I ride up in Cadillac...a bunch of us from the board went to the UP last year. Don't know if I will be attending...(wife is expecting) in fact I might sell my RX1...ONLY...because I won't be getting as much use as I thought this year. My sled only has 695 miles on her....TAXMAN..your on...lets race

Y is that RX1 passing everyone?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Aug 16 2004, 02:37 PM)Hey Conquest...CONGRATS on the new RX1...I purchased mine last year...what a ride! I ride up in Cadillac...a bunch of us from the board went to the UP last year. Don't know if I will be attending...(wife is expecting) in fact I might sell my RX1...ONLY...because I won't be getting as much use as I thought this year. My sled only has 695 miles on her....TAXMAN..your on...lets race

If you decide to sell your RX1, let me know. I want to pick one up

Y CAN'T ANYONE BUILD SLEDS LIKE THE YAMMY'S!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Aug 16 2004, 02:32 PM)I like a little blasteroo

I'll race ya ~ Heck I'll race any Yamaha

The BIG "Y"

Y can't I sell it
Y won't it start
Y does it choke out

Y was my 700 kicking everyones ??? last year with over 8000 miles since she was molested in the U.P. ?

Y was my 700 1 of 2 out of 8 sleds that ran all week without opening the hood for nothing more than a few quarts of oil on the same weekend? ( ya, I was the only yammie rider)

Y don't you get a REAL sled and buy a Yammie

just kidding about the last y it's all good

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I liked it

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Aug 16 2004, 02:41 PM)QUOTE(manana @ Aug 16 2004, 02:37 PM) Hey Conquest...CONGRATS on the new RX1...I purchased mine last year...what a ride! I ride up in Cadillac...a bunch of us from the board went to the UP last year. Don't know if I will be attending...(wife is expecting) in fact I might sell my RX1...ONLY...because I won't be getting as much use as I thought this year. My sled only has 695 miles on her....TAXMAN..your on...lets race

If you decide to sell your RX1, let me know. I want to pick one up

Y CAN'T ANYONE BUILD SLEDS LIKE THE YAMMY'S!!

I will most likely be selling, however I am waiting to set my price. As I mentioned...I have a 2004 RX1 ER black with yellow trim. It is studded and it has a 3 year transferable extended warranty. I was a first time rider so I babyed the $hit out of it due to I was doing a lot of learning....avg. speed 65MPH. I rewarded myself with the purchase of the sled after I quit smoking for 30 yrs. I never even sat on a sled prior to buying this one. I had a blast but I don't think I will be sledding very much with a newborn on the way. The sled is in primo condition. So if you anyone is interested...please PM your ph# and we can talk off line.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Aug 16 2004, 04:48 PM)avg. speed 65MPH.
What trip was that on??? I was thinking you averaged more like 35 to 40 with a top speed of 55.

J/k bud!

Even if ya sell your sled you should go on next years trip and even if you have to rent or borrow.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Two Indy Trails up north in Harison. Will be looking for a third one this winter. Maybe you guys should check out Tip Up Town at Houghton Lake. Always the third and fourth weekend of Febuary. They have a full festival on the ice. Theres a polar dip contest, Helicopter rides, and good music at the Limberlost. Anybody see the hill everbody used to try to climb there, only one out of ten made it up. There is always one area of open water for the brave to ride threw. Not a small opening, but like 300 feet, you have to be at 60mph when you hit it. My friend has a radar speed detector that we run em through. I have to admit that green usaully wins. There running mostly stock sleds with some carb and muffler mods. at around 100 mph. A good fire going back at these waterfront cottage's we rent. Too Cool. O-yea that's what gets me through these long winters.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
houghtons always open at the muskegan(sp) river we always run it when we makke our way down. we usually don't hit tip up anymore with all the crashes I've seen every year on our way back. we've been there every year for the past 12 except the last two.

sounds like there's enough of us we should try to set some kind of trip up.

hey mana if you sell your sled you could use one of mine should we get some kind of ride set up later this winter

·
Registered
211 Posts
Been riding since 89' . My family has a cabin 8 miles north of Lewiston. So we usually ride a big loop from the cabin , thru Gaylord over to Larrys (on 131) , to Springbrook (Boyne city) thru Wolverine and then back thru Gaylord to the cabin ....then Tally's.
Just bought a 25' enclosed to carry my 700 ProX , XCR700 (spare), and dad's 700 XC/SP.
Also looking for something in the 340 to 440 range for my girlfriends oldest son to ride.

Hopefully doing a week in either the Keewenau or Canada this year.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Letz party @ Aug 17 2004, 02:10 AM)Maybe you guys should check out Tip Up Town at Houghton Lake.

A good fire going back at these waterfront cottage's we rent.
I did both weekends of TUT for about 8 years when I had my own sleds. It is a lot of fun but I don't get to ride much anymore and I would rather spend my limited time on the trail then in the beer tent.

"A good fire at waterfront cottages"??? Let me guess, Foust's Resort??? Jeff and Anita are friends of mine and always have a huge bonfire to party around.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm up for a couple rides this year, building a new house won't have too much free time
. By the way I think I am going to sell my trailer if anyone is interested 2001 27' all aluminum haulmark ( will hold 5 sleds) asisted doors two fuel doors cabinet and aluminum wheels. Not for sure but if i had a buyer it would probably go.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a cabin up in Harrison on Cranberrylake, ususually go up twice a month. Usually ride to Leota, Prudenville, Houghton Lake, St Helen. I have two polaris xc 600's, a twin and a triple. I can't wait for the Snow Show in Novi.

Bring on the Snow!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts