Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Jon and Kate in here... really??? REALLY??? lol!

What timely info... I'm just now reading "Leadership of the Founding Fathers", and it covers a lot of what was going on during the Revolution period. Lots of interesting stuff I never knew. I didn't realize how bad Washington and the Continental army was getting their butts kicked till people realized what was at stake and started supporting them with clothing and supplies.

And Paine... what an inspiration!! I'm going back to read all the pamplets he wrote during that period. Clearly he had more impact on what people were thinking about and helped them be introspective on how they wanted the new country to form.

Instead of a prayer (which I don't believe they do anyways) to kick off state legislator and national congress meetings, they should require reading aloud some of the text from the early days of our country!!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(KMC @ Jan 12 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jon and Kate in here... really??? REALLY??? lol!

What timely info... I'm just now reading "Leadership of the Founding Fathers", and it covers a lot of what was going on during the Revolution period. Lots of interesting stuff I never knew. I didn't realize how bad Washington and the Continental army was getting their butts kicked till people realized what was at stake and started supporting them with clothing and supplies.

And Paine... what an inspiration!! I'm going back to read all the pamplets he wrote during that period. Clearly he had more impact on what people were thinking about and helped them be introspective on how they wanted the new country to form.

Instead of a prayer (which I don't believe they do anyways) to kick off state legislator and national congress meetings, they should require reading aloud some of the text from the early days of our country!!

Great, I'm glad you got something out of this thread. As I understand it, the corrent day questions were put in the quiz to gage how much people know about "entertainers" against how much they know about the people/facts around the period of the beginning or our country. Interesting concept but probably pretty basic for people that put together such quizes for a living probably.

Jim

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yay! Passed.

There is a lot of concern about this very topic. Have seen some different essays and posts on various sites about it, such as this one by Jack Lessenberry:

http://jackshow.blogs.com/jack/2009/11/ess...ing-111309.html

This particular essay might also help explain why journalism is being destroyed by stupid people and stupid mistakes. Can't believe the errors in syntax and in content that you see in the papers, online and even in broadcast. Some are so egregious!

Yes, pop culture is very much more important to today's generations than that which is more important.

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven&#33;
405 Posts
95%...didnt know the first CJ....now i do. I am very discouraged that our country is so uneducated about our history and the importance of when, and how we came to be. If more people cared about this stuff they would be more protective of our future and what we have. Great post...

Then again how many people can't even name our current VP? Scary stuff.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts