Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
27 almost 28.

Just knew.

was 21 when I got engaged the first time. Would have been 25 when I got married....realized he wasn't THE one, exactly a month before the wedding.

·
Registered
530 Posts
25 when married. she was pregnant so I bought a house and we live together for three years before I decided it was time.she is truly an awesome woman, but I had to know for sure first. I've seen soooo many friends get married to really controlling woman. I could talk and talk on this topic but I wont. best way put is if you are unsure or on the fence don't do it. It's not worth the aggrevation if it don't work out.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
How old were you the second time Steve ? Oh that's right Robin hasn't been able to
get you drunk enough to sign on the dotted line. No offense to Robin of course but
you do live in a twenty four hour a day open bar ! Talk about stamina ! Keep up the
good work .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just married to Ragbagger last month...I am 31, tried lots and lots of men thinking some were candidates but had no idea just how much you just know when you really find the right one! Love at first site at our very own Tin Fish thanks to a gracious introduction by Rerun on Max's Patriot.

Seriously, if you are not 110% positive, its probably not right.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Just had turned 24 , Married less than a month after that, oct 20 1990 still on same one.. Lived together for a year and a half first though to just kinda be sure.

Comming up on 14 years. damm iam getting old.. in a hurry..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, I was 17, still in high school when we married. We'd already been together for a couple years and knew each other before that for a few years. Guess it was just meant to be as we are working on 32 years and still totally in love.

Did I mention I have large hands?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Ooooh, you know what large hands mean, right?

Large gloves!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I was 23, Bill was 25. We just had our 15th anniversary. I think about how young we were and it kind of scares me, but it was the right thing to do at the time. We didn't have kids until 5 years later, so we spent our partying twenties hanging out in Royal Oak and getting to know each other.

We were friends before we were dates, and I think that helped me "know" I wanted to be with him. Plus, he had the qualities I admire in a person and we had no major conflicts in personalities (because we all know we can't change people no matter how much we want to...).

Ann Landers used to tell people to ask themselves, "am I better off with him/her or without him/her?". I think it's an important question to ponder before making ANY commitment.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Spider @ Jun 15 2004, 03:59 PM)Did I mention I have large hands?

Yeah, but you have size 6 feet!

Oh, and I have been waiting 43 years for that perfect woman to find me! And after knowing so many unhappily married people, I'm glad that I'm still looking for that perfect woman.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
25 years old
Didn't last long at all. I thought that he was the one, we dated for a couple of years, lived together for a couple of years, things were great. Then got married and it was a whole different ball game. We had a house built, did a lot of compramising, made some sacrifices... got the job done.
Then all of a sudden he didn't want to be with me. HE stopped caring, didn't want to be around me. Only in our second year of marrage he DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO ME ANYMORE. That was clue #1 he was cheating on me.

Life goes on I think that I found someone way better now.
We are both happy together. We never yell or fight...
So far my idea of a great couple.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
All in all marriage is a great institution -- but then again, who wants to be institutionalized??!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Jun 15 2004, 08:18 PM)All in all marriage is a great institution -- but then again, who wants to be institutionalized??!!
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Both 17, met in January of our Senior yr in high school and got married that November. Will be 20 yrs this November...3 wonderful kids 19, 17, 11.
After just 3 months we were already talking about getting married and never looked back. Ive got the GREATEST husband in the world!!!!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I'm happy for you. What's the secret on keeping it together for so long?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Jun 15 2004, 01:24 PM)that this person was the right one?
Do you mean, "How long did it take you to figure out it was NOT the one?!?!"
hmmmmm......

Two marriages later - I wonder if I will EVER find THE ONE for me...
The first time I was 21 (yes, waaaayyy too young) and I think I should have backed out when I fainted the second I tried on my wedding gown. Yes, they needed smelling salts to revive me. If that wasn't enough of a bad omen, I was caught on video tape TRYING to say the dreaded "H" word...
Huuuuuuuuuuuuusband.

The second time I was 29. Probably would have stayed married and stayed miserable....but sometimes hitting a brick wall and having to pick up the pieces of "life as you once knew it" is a huge blessing. Like Kat, he came home one day and told me he did not love me anymore.

So.....................................

Here I am...blissfully single - getting to say a bunch of "Blah, blah, blah" and not caring if he hears a word I say

NOW IT'S ALL ABOUT ME

1 - 20 of 28 Posts