Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this just happened. I was face down under my comforter, taking a happy nap while waiting for my sheets in the dryer. My buddy's wife stopped by on her way to work (with a huge bag of Christmas cookies). She knocked but got no answer. The door was unlocked so she came in. As she was wandering through the house she was calling my name. Finally, she noticed a lump under the comforter and pulled it back and said hi. It wasn't until that moment that I woke up. I guess I musta been thinker than I drunk last night! Its all Hazy, Mr Big, and Snowmaker's fault! Does anyone else sleep that soundly?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
When I was 7, the apartment that I lived in burned down and I slept through the fire and being rescued and all that. I had no idea until the next morning.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Dec 18 2003, 02:31 PM)When I was 7, the apartment that I lived in burned down and I slept through the fire and being rescued and all that. I had no idea until the next morning.
Why doesn't that surprise me???

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
As soon as my head hits the pillow and I get in my comfortable position, I am out like a light and dead to the world until the alarm wakes me up or the cats "create" a big boom out in the house somewhere by knocking something over....

There is NO waking Snowmaker up at all. I can literally sit there while he sleeps on his side and shove him constantly and he won't budge until about the tenth time. <_<

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I have Sleep Apnea.....But once I strap-on my mask.....I`m out...!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
when not drinking i can hear a nat fart while sleeping.
i generally wake up 6-10 times every night.

when drinking,.....comatose!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Light sleeper doesnt take much to wake me at all.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Dec 18 2003, 03:03 PM)when not drinking i can hear a nat fart while sleeping.
i generally wake up 6-10 times every night.

when drinking,.....comatose!

The odd thing is, is that when I have been drinking more than a little but not alot (which means passout) I can't sleep well at all.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
When I absolutely have to be up at a certain time. I set 3 or 4 different alarms in different parts of the room so I have to get out of bet to shut them off. Nuff said??

Guess I need to start getting more then 5hrs of sleep a night.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 18 2003, 03:29 PM)I set 3 or 4 different alarms in different parts of the room so I have to get out of bet to shut them off.
I can relate to that! I had to move the clock radio to the dresser cuz when it was on the nightstand I'd shut it off and go back to sleep. That only worked for a while, so I moved it to the closet. When that eventually failed I moved it to the spacesaver in the bathroom, which is down 2 stairs and around the corner. I drilled a hole in the wall and ran wire to an external speaker on the nightstand. This method hasn't failed......... yet.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Waking up is the hard part....I have to do mathmatics to wake up......

Example... The clock is an hour and thirteen minutes fast.....I generally hit snooze

six or seven times.........Snooze is 11 minutes......So I have to think about what time

it actually is.......And I change it often....So I am always guessing.......

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Im a light sleeper. The neighbors car 3 or 4 doors down will wake me up. My dog wakes me up constantly when he farts or snores I wake.

The Warden on the other hand sleeps like a brick.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I can wake up in a panic after sleeping for 3 minutes! Everything wakes me up and when it is quiet my mind won't turn off <_< so I can't sleep.

Someone farting in bed <_< wakes me up....I hate farting in bed, unless it's me
Then I laugh so hard I shake the whole dang bed. Guess I find it funny when I do it cuz it's payback time!

What was the topic, again?
Guess I need some more sleep..........I'm rambling.....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I have a hard time falling to sleep and once I get to sleep it is not restful at all! I hear everything and I never get a good night sleep!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Dec 18 2003, 03:03 PM)i can hear a nat fart while sleeping.
LOL!

I was going to say I can hear an ant walk across the floor, but yours is much better!

I wake up many, many times during the night. Kenny flops around like a dying whale all night (although he says i'm crazy), my dog moves to different spots all night long. My cats aren't too bad, only once in a while. I can hear EVERYTHING, I actually wear ear plugs on the weekends so I can sleep in. <_<

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm just weird. I sleep like a rock. When its time to wake up, I am up and instantly awake. No coffee or caffiene required. I guess I learned it in the service. You sleep when the opportunity presents itself and be awake when its required.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 18 2003, 07:57 PM)I have a hard time falling to sleep and once I get to sleep it is not restful at all! I hear everything and I never get a good night sleep!

Too used to the fire alarm disturbing your sleep? <_<

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One time I was sleeping with my alarm blasting traffic and weather together. It woke my neighbor up and he came over and blasted an airhorn into my open window. I always try to sleep with the window shut these days.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 18 2003, 08:47 PM)QUOTE(afiremen @ Dec 18 2003, 07:57 PM) I have a hard time falling to sleep and once I get to sleep it is not restful at all! I hear everything and I never get a good night sleep!

Too used to the fire alarm disturbing your sleep?

That very well could be, but I hate it, I never get a good night sleep!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Dec 18 2003, 02:29 PM)Its all Hazy, Mr Big, and Snowmaker's fault! Does anyone else sleep that soundly?
Don't blame us! We're not the ones that told you to only drink double shots of Jager on the rocks all night.

I went to bed at 7:30 last night (after only having 2 hours sleep the night before) and only woke briefly when the phone rang at about 9:00-9:30. Never heard the wife come to bed or anything.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts