Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never was one to be very superstitious. But today is Friday the 13th and I woke up to a flat tire this morning. Coincidense?

How many peeps out there are superstitious about stuff like that, or have a certain rituals that you strictly adhere to? (left sock then right sock, left shoe then right shoe. etc)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
chi-chi-chi-chi....ha-ha-ha-ha

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
spilt salt, pinch over the left shoulder to ward of evil.
Never sit with my back to a door.
When I was a kid my mom would have every house we lived in blessed before we could move in. Not really sure if it helped

The whole red sky at morn thing. Always pay attention to that.
I remember my aunt used to fake spit at us...she was Greek...it was just like in that movie my big fat greek wedding.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
the salt thing i do
picking up a penny i do
much else, i do not. 13 is one of my lucky numbers!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
not to insult anyone but I always think of it as "stupid-stitious" in my head.

not that I dont have a few quirks.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, on top of it being Friday, the 13th, I went to Quizno's for lunch and, using a coupon for a tire rotation, got my $1 off. My total was $6.66.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I think I've heard it's sacrilegious to be superstitious or something like that so I just play it safe and don't believe in it and hope that God is on my side!

·
Registered
336 Posts
For me, I usually forget until I'm in the car on the way to work and I hear something about it on the radio. I've rarely had anything happen on F-13. I don't worry about it, so nothing happens. Hmm, maybe that's why?? Not overly superstitious about this day. Good luck to those of you who are!

One of the guys I work with has had an interesting morning - ran out of hot water in the shower, car wouldn't start, cell phone battery was dead. All before he even made it to work! I hope his day gets better!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I can't remember ever having something bad happen on friday the 13th. I can remember some great things happening though. A good day for me.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Feb 13 2004, 12:48 PM)Well, on top of it being Friday, the 13th, I went to Quizno's for lunch and, using a coupon for a tire rotation, got my $1 off. My total was $6.66.

Well, I guess that's the worst thing that has happened to me today (so far).

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
My day?????
in my jammies till almost 5...........

My night??? Just starting......

Friday the 13th????

Yeah baby! Bring it on!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts