Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows any information on how one would become a mate on a charter boat. I don't know why it took me so long to think of, but I love to fish, am generally good at it (not lately....but that's a different story), and think I would really enjoy this as a summer job. I don't really care where, as long as it's not over 2 hours away or something. Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and maybe even Lake Michigan for muskie, walleye, salmon, whatever. Just wondering if anyone had any leads they wouldn't mind sharing with me. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
You become a mate by calling places that need mate's. Use the phone, call charter business's and wa-la, you'll find a job. Do a search on the computer for charter fishing service's where you want to. check these site's.

http://fishing%20charters%20for%20lake%20s...air%20michigan/

h2o<--says good luck don't give up be reliable and you'll do good. Ask to fill out applications, say you want to meet the owner. Smile, and just don't give up and you'll find your dream.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
There's alot of charters on that site, Surf it.

h2o

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Now that I see this thread isn't about computer dating services, I would think you could stop in at Lakeside and Pro Anglers and ask them about the charter captains that come in or work from the stores. They might have some leads too.

I believe the Michigan Charter Boats Assoc (or something similar) has an organized website. I bet there's some sources to be tapped there. It shouldn't be hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts