Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has gone to school for this (Health Unit Coordinator) and has applied many places, she is even continuing to go for a nursing degree. When you apply, you just don't seem to get a response, she has even been told that you need to know "someone". Anyone have any connections or leads they wouldn't mind sharing?

Any help or advice would be appreciated greatly.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Remind me tomorrow and I will call my mother while at work. She might know somebody.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I work at a hospital.
don't want to make this political and trying not to be discouraging but....
word I am hearing from docs is,
'how will Obamas health care reform affect us?'

The docs used to get tons of emails looking for docs to work side jobs,
now the emails are docs looking for work. Scary to know it is hard even for a doctor to find a job due to the economy.

Good luck to her.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm a RN in a leadership role at a hospital in Pontiac. I've been in nursing for many years and I'm not sure what a Health Unit Coordinator is. Unfortunately, healthcare is also feeling the pain of the economy and hiring freezes are everywhere. Despite that, I do think it is wise for her to go to nursing school. You/she can PM me if you want to chat more.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I might be wrong, but I think that's what Newbie does. They juggle the patient stuff in the E.R., make sure they get whatever they need done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jul 23 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might be wrong, but I think that's what Newbie does. They juggle the patient stuff in the E.R., make sure they get whatever they need done.

Exactly what it is, they are basically assistants that get things done and make sure things get done, she is on a wait list for nursing, but really wants to get into a hospital before she is done with nursing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.