Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I hope you can help me. I started noticing rainbows in the water. So far I have replaced the float install everything that comes in a rebuild kit and to no aval, the problem persists. I think I might have an idea whats wrong but I cant seem to find an adjustment spec for it. The power piston assembly has this little adjustable stop at the bottom. I noticed when reassembing the carb that the primary metering rods just barely enter the jet holes when the power piston is completely down. (Note, the rods are not broken). First question, how far are they suppose to enter the jet holes? Second How do you make the adjustment? I have already removed the seal cap that covers the adjuster screw but I dont know the spec for it or how to accomplish the spec once I know it. HELP!!
Thanks in advance

·
12,052 Posts
PM me, I'll have to dig up a guys number that is a Rochester carb expert.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Rochester
Quadrajet

Don't bother a rebuild, buy new to assure you dont havd any issues..... I have had too many Qjunks rebuilt and junk, cpl rochester were bad too after they were rebuilt by a carb rebuild company...

·
12,052 Posts
My guy changes bushings on the shafts and EVERYTHING. All for $100.

He did Dailey Interests carbs, and many Sand Pointers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.