Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking around the marina and when my phone goes off. The security company monitoring my mother's house, calls and proceeds to tell me that the fire alarm has gone off and they have dispatched the fire department. Mom is 3 hours to the north (with no cell phone usage)and I am 1.5 hours to the south. Sitting around waiting for a call from the fire department really puts a stop to the plans I had for this evening.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts

Praying for a false alarm!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 3 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Praying for a false alarm!!!

I was too and thankfully it was a malfunction on the alarm. Now all I have to do is go there Sunday and fix it. I wonder what the bill is going to be from the fire department.

Now where is my drink?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Jul 3 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wonder what the bill is going to be from the fire department.

Most cities and municipalities don't charge anything, and if they do, they usually seek compensation from insurance companies. I know troy only charges repeat offenders for false alarms on a graduating scale, and if your truly had false alarms from a malfunctioning system they don't count it, as long as you fix it.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Now it's an extra good day.

All that relief will put an extra spring in your step!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Jul 3 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was walking around the marina and when my phone goes off. The security company monitoring my mother's house, calls and proceeds to tell me that the fire alarm has gone off and they have dispatched the fire department. Mom is 3 hours to the north (with no cell phone usage)and I am 1.5 hours to the south. Sitting around waiting for a call from the fire department really puts a stop to the plans I had for this evening.

I would get a close neighbor that you can call if something like this happens again. That way you don't have to sit around waiting forever for a call back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts