Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its tuesday. i am sure you all have some stories to share. i need details people. who did what this weekend. i got spanked on pontiac lake and kent lake. its kinda embarrasing. i am out on kent lake 5 times a week and still cant win
. better luck next time i guess, should have fished a lil deeper.

so lets hear it, who fished what? and where? and when? you guys know the drill. any money makers?

madman himself

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was pre-fishing on Wampler's Lake Saturday and Monday. On Saturday I had 4 keepers. The wind was cold and my hands were almost numb. Monday I fished only in the morning and left before everyone made it to the lake. I tried new areas and had little success.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Brian- what was the winning weight and big fish out on Kent? We didn't do too well out on Belleville. A lot of short fish and thin males. The big fish for the day was 2.95 pounds, if you can believe that...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Fished Belleville Open, had no problem finding fish, had a limit by 9:00 am and was culling at 9:45 am. My partner and I took big bass honors and first place with 18.58. Little short on the weight from last year when we won it. Caught 7 smallies and one Large head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I FISHED THE NBAA AT HARDY ON SUNDAY. HAD OVER 13LBS AND ENDED UP 16TH. ALL OFF OF BEDS! 18LBS TO WIN IT AND ALMOST THE WHOLE FIELD HAD A LIMIT. THAT IS ONE AWESOME BODY OF WATER AND THE CATCH AND RELEASE HASNT HURT THAT WATER AT ALL!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEADING OVER TOWARDS ST. CLAIR THOUGH!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I was on Sag Bay for the GNT Elite. we fininshed 11th or so with 16.01. Greene and Greene won it with19.98.

Great day and the weather really cooperated.....for once.

Mini

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dowd- I wish I would have pre-fished Belleville on Friday or Saturday. I took a shot at fishing the west end near Rawsonville for green fish, but they just weren't there. Oh well, live and learn (should have just focused on the smallies). BTW nice job on Sunday.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeff,

if i am not mistaken, 12.94 won it on kent and big bass was a 4.94 largemouth. i know many teams struggled out there and we both know that kent is more than capable of producing 15 to 20 lb bags with a 5 fish limit. this event was a 6 fish limit and 13 lbs took it. the water was dirty and i think the fish still had a mild case of lock jaw from the cold front the day before. either way, congrats to the winners.

we only had 3 keeper smallies. our biggest was 2.85 and our total was 5.18. we both had fish in the 4 lb range hit out lures at the boat but miss our baits. both largemouth. and i had a monster pike steal my brand new rogue that i had to drive all the way to bps to buy friday night.

hoping to do better next weekend but either way, its nice to be out and competing again. win or lose ( mostly lose
) it fun.

madman himself

·
Registered
307 Posts
jcheetam, The first time I fished the SMEBA Open, 3 years ago, I concentrated on the West End Like everyone else, and did nothing. Last year I started in the East End, from the two bridges to dam and did real well. I fished Friday and had 8 fish weighing 24 + pounds. I spent most of my time fishing the points that had wind blowing on them. The bigger fish were on the windy side of the point. When we got there Sunday and see that the wind was going to lay down, we got worried. The next plan was to fish points that had some sort of current, either by boat traffic or by what little wind there was. We only fished 4 areas of the lake, all on the North Shore. I caught one bass on a bed, and that was our big bass, the rest of the fish were post-pawn smallies. The East half of the lake, from the DNR launch to the Dam, the fish were spawning and on beds, the other side of that, the fish were hungry and looking for food. We threw nothing but weightless soft plastics, or 1/32 oz split shot rigs. One fish was caught on top water but did not keep.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Brian-
What club is fishing Kent on Sunday? Is it an open? If I don't find a tourney for Sunday I'm going to be stuck remodeling the bathroom (not my first choice of "fun" things to do!).

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dowd- thanks for sharing. Are you a SEMBA member? I joined at the last meeting...not sure if I met you or not. Thanks again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes I am, this is my fourth year with them. I also started a new club this year that just fishes Lake Erie, Detroit River and St. Clair, call Big Water Bass of Michigan. Our web site is www.bigwaterbass.com if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jeff,

backlashers is putting on the sunday open on kent lake.

contact Mike O'Malley - (313) 937-8851.

i better see you out there bro!

madman himself

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've been trying to learn my way around Lake Orion. I'll be fishing the GNT on Wednesday night there.

I've been basically keeping the TM on high and throwing spinnerbaits and rattle traps trying to locate fish and familiarize myself with the lake. I've been consistently catching a limit but have not found any fish over 2.5lbs.

I guess I'll just have to get used to handing my money over the Mac every week

Marke

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
team event for sunday jeff. if you want to fish and need a partner, tony would most likely be interested. let me know.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Brian- I'd love to fish on Sunday, but it looks like I have to take care of the "honey do" list. Are there going to be any other Opens on Kent this year?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dont know of any more opens. i will be fishing one with the ABA tho. try to get out of the to do list. you need to fish this tourney. you and tony should be able to make some money.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Did you already sign up with the ABA? I've been passing e-mails back and forth with Anthony (the director). When is the deadline to sign up for Sunday? I'll see if I can get out of my Sunday chores...If so, I'll get a hold of Tony.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts