Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fisher people, I was wondering if anyone has been over in front of Algonac in the past little while... Heading over to the Mich side tomorrow to try my luck there as the Canuck side hasn't been very good to me this year
Anyone been out there? thanks!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I fished from Cherry Beach down to the State Park Sunday. We picked up two in the first 10 mins and then nothing for 3 hours. The wind made it tough to stay on course though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 2 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I fished from Cherry Beach down to the State Park Sunday. We picked up two in the first 10 mins and then nothing for 3 hours. The wind made it tough to stay on course though.

Hey Rick, thats my spot!!!!!

Same thing for me last Friday. Got some early, then just shut down.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
It can be a great spot, as you know Mike. There are fish there you just have to find them and be on em at feeding time.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any particular depth you were finding them? This will be my first time fishing on the Michigan side, I had to break down and get a License because the Canadian waters just aren't producing, I see the area on the map you are talking about (cherry beach,algonac state park) so it should get us started. thanks!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm going to be fishing it for the next 3 mornings. I will let you all know how I did. Hope to see y'all out there.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Spur @ Jul 2 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to be fishing it for the next 3 mornings. I will let you all know how I did. Hope to see y'all out there.

Not me!

I got some guys coming from down south for those bronze back critters. Bass, for those who can't catch walleyes!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 2 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Spur @ Jul 2 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to be fishing it for the next 3 mornings. I will let you all know how I did. Hope to see y'all out there.

Not me!

I got some guys coming from down south for those bronze back critters. Bass, for those who can't catch walleyes!!!

C'mon Mike, don't piss off the bass guys

·
Registered
958 Posts
Me & the wife were up there yesterday evening. Drifted from ASP to the split in the channel spent about 2 1/2 hours there in the rain with nothin' but empty jigs.
Had small stuff, probably gobies stealin the worms and that was it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Muskeye @ Jul 2 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 2 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Spur @ Jul 2 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to be fishing it for the next 3 mornings. I will let you all know how I did. Hope to see y'all out there.

Not me!

C'mon Mike, don't piss off the bass guys

Why not!!! I think I pissed off a few big boat owners, so why stop there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was there last saturday and picked up one nice eater early prolly bout 6 am, after that nothin but bass and gobies and some small perch further down the south, but it was fairly high skies that day and I think it will be cloudier friday morn so hopefully they'll feed a lil longer,
On another note, when I drift I motor up out in the middle cus I thought driving over em scattered em, am I crazy?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jul 2 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was there last saturday and picked up one nice eater early prolly bout 6 am, after that nothin but bass and gobies and some small perch further down the south, but it was fairly high skies that day and I think it will be cloudier friday morn so hopefully they'll feed a lil longer,
On another note, when I drift I motor up out in the middle cus I thought driving over em scattered em, am I crazy?

No, you are not crazy plus it is the right thing to do for the other boats fishing the same area. WTG gldnrcher, it is the right way to reload.

Jim

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jul 2 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On another note, when I drift I motor up out in the middle cus I thought driving over em scattered em, am I crazy?

Your not crazy. not sure about the driving over the fish and scattering part, but the Sheriff Department will stop you and either warn or ticket you for motoring to close to land, docks, and swimming areas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts