Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get some input on how, where, and with what are people catching black bass on LSC. I have a tournament this weekend. Where is the best place to go in case of real windy conditions. Plan on fishing only the amercan waters. Please help!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I love it when people ask this question here

Most of the folks here are tournament anglers on St. Clair. Many would give up their first born child before they'd give up a fishing spot.

The best advice I can give is to tie on a spinnerbait (white or white/chart.), put the TM onl high and cover a lot of water in Anchor Bay. Look for healthy vegitation in 4 to 6 f.o.w. and you should be able to pull a decent limit of Largemouth's.

Someone will surely come in with 20lbs of smallies from Lake Erie but at least you won't come in empty handed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Smartbass,

Go right out to 42.25 Lat by 85.69 Long. Tie on a spinnerbait like east coast was telling you and start drifting southeast. I'm really not sure where your starting or where you will end up but good luck in the meantime!!!

All lack of seriousness aside Smartbass, if your really trying to win a tournament or even place by catching only Largemouths you will have a tough go of it. The best all Largie sack of fish I have seen was by George Cochran during one of the Bassmaster tournaments on St. Clair. He had five fish weighing in at 17.5 lbs. and that actually came from Canadian waters. And although I would rather keep my first born, I'm still not gonna tell ya where but he did say many of them seemed like they had never seen a Jig and Pig before!! Even so, he wasn't a very high finisher and couldn't come close to duplicating that weight on the next day.

I can tell you though, the best way to learn the lake is to get out there and try some things. Asking for free info in here just after announcing your in a tourney this weekend, will most likely just get you a bunch of smart a$% comments such as mine!!

Best of Luck to you this weekend and in the future!!

John C

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
If it's really really really windy and you're launching from Metro....go to Gino's Surf and have a cold one.

If you're launching out of Harley, take a left, go up the river and have a cold one at Bumpers.

J/K...good luck this weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts