Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing some Walleye fishing between Metro and Geno's this coming weekend and was woundering if the fish are still in there? I've done real well out there earlier this year, but now that the weeds are up and the fishflys out are the fish still there? Or should I go to the North Channel? Any sugestions?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
MisterD,

I was out Friday and caught 2 small ones. There's still fish in there, but
they seem to be in the 1 pound range. Went to the Dumping Grounds on
Sunday and did really well. 8 in our boat and 9 in a buddies boat. There's
a ton of fish stacked in there and they have some size to them too. Good
luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canuck thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the dumping grounds is the palce to go. I'm going to give that a shot.
Thanks again.....
Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rich, I don't have a map with me and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember the dumping gounds would be about 6 mile road and about a 4 miles from shore? Hope this helps. As I said I'm going from memory and not a map. I haven't been there in a few years.

Mark

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Don't have to coordinates with me, but it's just a little south
of the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club on the Canadian side of the
shipping channel. It's in American waters though...

All fish caught on chartreusse harnesses.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you have a GPS, this will put you right in the middle:

N 42° 23.36' W 082° 50.44'

but it is a large area, not just a point on a chart. We have been doing very well the last week too. Cann't get out this week, waiting on some boat parts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. As I said I don't have a map here, but there is one on the boat. I'll print coordinates and take them with me. It will definitely help me when I'm running.
Thanks again
Mark.

·
Registered
82 Posts
check out my post

i have caught over 175 walleye the last week and a half

a week ago they were really hot in the dumps

3 days 80 fish-look for the ridges

a few days ago it was really bad(floating weeds and fishfly shells) so looked for cleaner water. Look closer to the river mouth-lots of aggressive fish

3 days there
over 50 fish(one day with 7 year old son-only day i didn't limit in last 10 trips) we got 11 and i made him reel everything in-0he lost 6 or 7 fish.

charteuse on 1 oz bouncers in the 12-13 foot range has been best

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.