Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading about a tourney on Simcoe that the big bag was 29.5lbs.Wow that is hard to believe.For 5 smallies.I guess lake St Clair ain't the only great smallie lake.Time for some fall fishing up north.Supposed to warm up this week also_Oh yea.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Simcoe (in Ontario) is AWESOME!!!!....I went over there a couple of years ago over Memorial Weekend to fish for Perch and we couldn't keep the smallies and greenheads off our perch rigs!!! Unreal!! My very first cast of the weekend yielded a 4lb largemouth!!! LOL...My bobber sank when the bait hit the water and it never came back up!! I set the hook and had a 4lb bass....unreal. Later that day we started throwin' spinnerbaits and it just got stupid!! LOL....3-4lb smallies on every cast. Caught a bunch of jumbo perch eventually, but it was deffinetely a bass filled weekend!! Had a riot!!

gotta go back there again!!!

Mac

·
Registered
57 Posts
They had a big fish..a 7.05lb
smallie . The team that won actually broke the ontario record last year with 27 pounds and change in the same tournament ...wonder if it was the same spot?

Tight-lines boys but .......pheasant season has me licking my chops for tommorrow, what to do?- chase trophy smallies or nail some roosters...days are getting limited!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts