1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
that has got to be 50 foot or so

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have learned recently that the W.C. Beardslee company (where that is sitting) specializes in 50' yacht restoration. Amoung other things dealing with large boats like that. Not sure what the story is with that particular shell, but sure looks interesting.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I had my boat worked on & stored at Beardslee this winter and had a chance to look at this boat up close. (The shrink-wrapped boat hidden behind it is mine) Everything inside the hull looks custom-made (all hand laid glass). There's no interior, no engines, and no electrical wiring or controls... looks like a one-off race boat that was never finished.

Beardlee was sold several years back (maybe as many as six) to new owners (Steve Popkie and a partner) who retained the original name. They do great work!

I'll have to ask the story on the hull in spring... got one look at the ice jams wreaking havoc with the ferry and decided NOT to cross over to have a look-see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ken. Would be awesome if you asked about that in the spring. And don't forget to mention LSCN to the new owners. Anything on Harsens is A-O-K on LSCN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts