1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too funny!

B.O.A.T. = bust out another thousand

Boat Launch

He just bought a new boat and decided to take her for the maiden voyage. This was his first boat and he wasn't quite sure of the exact Standard Operating Procedures for launching it off a ramp, but figured it couldn't be too hard. He consulted his local boat dealer for advice, but they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you are trying to launch the boat".
Well, he didn't know what they meant by that as he could barely get the trailer in the water at all!

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up!

Water Vehicle Boat Watercraft Lake

And once again, these people breed...and on occasion they vote! Scary!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(The Canvas Cover Man @ Jan 27 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...

And once again, these people breed...and on occasion they vote! Scary!

AND, all aspects of our lives are now designed to cater to the least cognizant.

Used to be stupidity killed. Now it's grounds for lawsuit.

·
Registered
992 Posts
You laugh but when I used to drive a wrecker I responded to more then one of those exact situations. The worst part was they usually had kids. I guess the democrats need somebody to vote for them

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Jan 27 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You laugh but when I used to drive a wrecker I responded to more then one of those exact situations. The worst part was they usually had kids. I guess the democrats need somebody to vote for them
It is just unbelievable.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I got into doing repo's for a while and had found the car I was looking for one night nose down on the ice over the seawall in the backyard

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Jan 27 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got into doing repo's for a while and had found the car I was looking for one night nose down on the ice over the seawall in the backyard
You got to be kidding. What were they thinking?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have no idea but the police and the insurance company had a field day with them. Needless to say that wasn't a hook n book for me

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
A man gets a Tattoo of a hundred dollar bill on his private part. His friend asks him, "Why would you do something like that?"

The man said to him; I like to play with my money, I like to watch my money grow, and your wife is the best person I know to blow a hundred dollar bill.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Gotta love Little Johnny!

The teacher asked the class to use the word 'fascinate' in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, 'My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep. It was fascinating.'

The teacher said, 'That was good, but I wanted you to use the word fascinate, not
fascinating'.

Sally raised her hand. She said, 'My family went to see Rock City and I was
fascinated.'

The teacher said, 'Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use the word 'fascinate'

Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before.

She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word 'fascinate', so she called on him.

Johnny said, 'My aunt Gina has a sweater with ten buttons, but her t*** are so big she can only fasten eight.'

The teacher sat down and cried.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Jan 27 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You laugh but when I used to drive a wrecker I responded to more then one of those exact situations. The worst part was they usually had kids. I guess the democrats need somebody to vote for them

You responded to more than one call from someone who drove their truck head first into the water in an attempt to launch the boat on the trailer behind the truck?

I know people are stupid, but I still have a hard time believing that!

Or do you mean you had to haul out cars that ended up sunk after BACKING into the water and having a parking brake or parking pawl fail, or some other failure or stupidity occur, while launching the boat?

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE(sleeper @ Jan 28 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Jan 27 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You laugh but when I used to drive a wrecker I responded to more then one of those exact situations. The worst part was they usually had kids. I guess the democrats need somebody to vote for them

You responded to more than one call from someone who drove their truck head first into the water in an attempt to launch the boat on the trailer behind the truck?

I know people are stupid, but I still have a hard time believing that!

Or do you mean you had to haul out cars that ended up sunk after BACKING into the water and having a parking brake or parking pawl fail, or some other failure or stupidity occur, while launching the boat?

I had one that the guy stopped to pay the launch fee and forgot to take his truck out of gear. It just happened to be pointed straight in the direction of the ramp. I had another that was an older couple, the old man had a few to many so asked his wife to drive. Who knows what happened but when I arrived both of the were being given field sobriety tests. My favorite was this young couple that bought 2 new jet skis and was pulling them with a stratus. they had the right idea backing the trailer into the water but should have stopped before the back seat took a swim. I would show up to these and have to act proffessional but it was tough

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.