Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
a buddy of mine wants to get a hold of the test that they use in the dnr hunter safety course. anyone out there able to help him out?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have my wife and three boys taking it in oct. I would like to get a copy also so I can help my boys before then.( the wife is on her own. lol
)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sample Quesitons:

To clear an object from the barrel of a firearm, you should first look down the barrel while your friend holds the firearm: True/False

During firearm deer season, you should:
A ) Where brown and white with an antler hat
B ) Wear Hunter Orange
C ) Hunt with a pellet rifle as long as the minimum velocity exceeds 1,000FPS
D ) Use your scope on your firearm to spot other hunters in the area.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Google it or do a search on the dnr website. They have sample tests that are old released questions that are repeated on the new tests. I had to retake the course a few years ago due to the info being lost when they transferred the old info over to digital and to put in for an Iowa bow hunt it was required that you produced the actual card. I found a guy that does it out of his house as a home study course and he put me on those online old tests but I can't remember what the web adress was. They do exist though.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Aug 12 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sample Quesitons:

To clear an object from the barrel of a firearm, you should first look down the barrel while your friend holds the firearm: True/False

B ) Wear Hunter Orange

If anyone gets these wrong......

·
Registered
308 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 12 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Aug 12 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sample Quesitons:

B ) Wear Hunter Orange

If anyone gets these wrong......

UH---OHH!

·
Registered
528 Posts
The sad part is guys, I have seen both C and D while actually hunting on state land. I have also seen the true/false question on state land. There are some bright ones out there. I have yet to see answer A on state land, however, I have heard lots of shooting and never seen any real deer around soooo...maybe the poor guy never made it by my stand...

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Aug 12 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can see it now. I take up hunting and hear a shot going above my head, I drop to a crouch and draw from a low ready position.
Hunting with people I know would be fine, strangers I'm not so sure from the sounds of those test questions.

The island is great duckin, but a lot of weekend warriers, and one time wonders

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.