·
Registered
1,144 Posts
[No message]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Dec 6 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How is that exciting? Unique? Yes, exciting? not so much. Not to mention, PETA would have a field day with that one here in the USA.

Who said it was "exciting"? I said it was cool as hell, which would fall under unique or different. Don't often get to see a bird take down a deer. In some places you can hunt legally with birds. For instance, Michigan has a falconry season on ducks and geese in Jan. and Feb.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Dec 7 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Dec 6 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How is that exciting? Unique? Yes, exciting? not so much. Not to mention, PETA would have a field day with that one here in the USA.

Who said it was "exciting"? I said it was cool as hell, which would fall under unique or different. Don't often get to see a bird take down a deer. In some places you can hunt legally with birds. For instance, Michigan has a falconry season on ducks and geese in Jan. and Feb.

you can also hunt small game with a falcon or hawk in michigan.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
it was actually pretty cool to watch them. they hunt the bald mountain area a lot. I seen them twice once during bow season and again during gun season. They use sticks to beat on brush and make noise to cause the critters to move and the bird to see them. Then they use whistles and treats to reward the birds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.